diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen review

Ah, now I understand, they just came out with the LF280K model. That explains why alternate or grey market vendors suddenly have the the N version. Per Eve datasheet, any cell older than 5 months after manufacture date is no longer "grade A". But Eve also says only the first 5 cycles will give you the guaranteed capacity.

Slightly different cell size now. "LF280K is 3-4 mm higher"

Thanks John, But it’s a little strange, didn’t LF280N have been in production before? Why will LF280N stop production?

The N Series has been in production for a tad over a year. This is an updated revision with a slightly different chemistry mix. One must remember that CATL, EVE and other Bigger Players are always improving the products and tweaking the chemistry, typically a production series run lasts about a year, smaller companies do not update as often due to resources required. Many smaller companies will specialize on a certain class of cell for instance focussed on EV only, or ESS class cells only and so on, that's where things get fuzzy quickly.

I just had an email from Emily saying they have new Eve cells in , A+ grade apparently .....

Good news, we just got a new that We expect a batch of EVE 280AH to arrive by the end of the month, price is US$99.
EVE 280AH:US$99--Arrive in end of July
EVE 304AH:US$115--Arrive in end of July

EVE 280AH A+:US$120(recommend)
CATL 302AH A+:US$120
EVE

Good news, Mid-Year Promotion
Order more than $1,000.00, $10.00 OFF
Order more than $2,000.00, $20.00 OFF
Order more than $3,000.00, $30.00 OFF
Order more than $5,000.00, $50.00 OFF
I'm about to order 70 cells, the $99 are tempting but i like the 302ah's, too bad they come with welded studs. My last order I lost 50% of the cells to the welded studs because they damage easily in transport.

The 99$ where B-grade cells. The A grade`s are more expensive but they come with guarantee specs.

The 99$ where B-grade cells. The A grade`s are more expensive but they come with guarantee specs.
No offense, but I haven't seen a Chinese seller that doesn't make that statement. They all guarantee grade A cells, but the guarantee is worthless, in case you haven't read reviews.

it`s like this :
grade b: no visible QR code (older and mostly cells that did not meet the specs)
grade a: recent cells with QR code that are slightly off the specs (mostly internal resistance)
grade a plus : recent cells with QR and testreport.

I did 2 shipments on grade b cells, the first did go well, the second shipment was a disaster, cells with missing seals, dented cells, cells with broken terminals etc. (about 140 cells) The supplieer did compensate but still a disaster.

I learned my lesson. Only A or A plus from now on.

K Series, Grade-A and 896Wh cell. NOTE Bulk cells do NOT have the Wh Rating on the QR code.

Not true, I have WH rating, these cells were 276 AH, not the 290AH which grade A supposedly are. Actually the luyuan cells some people on this forum tested only were getting 283-284 on average.

Yes they show me the EVE test report . I saw that almost all batteries have a capacity of about 290Ah and Hayley told me that was EVE LF280N model .

that test report is BATCH sample report where they test 1 out of every 100 or 200 cells, I wouldn't trust it. Instead I think people should just accept, that any grade A should test to 280 MINIMUM and will be between 280-290. Then these supposed Grade A-, they test between 275-280, they were decent when these were like $85.00 but the issue is when you buy these $85-$99 cells 80% will be good, but then you will have 1 turd that only gives 260AH.

So they sneak in the turds with these $99.99 deals. Only way to assure you do not get turds is to pay the higher price OR buy extra Grade A-/B+ cells and just chunk the bad ones.

I just had an email from Emily saying they have new Eve cells in , A+ grade apparently .....

Good news, we just got a new that We expect a batch of EVE 280AH to arrive by the end of the month, price is US$99.
EVE 280AH:US$99--Arrive in end of July
EVE 304AH:US$115--Arrive in end of July

EVE 280AH A+:US$120(recommend)
CATL 302AH A+:US$120
EVE

Good news, Mid-Year Promotion
Order more than $1,000.00, $10.00 OFF
Order more than $2,000.00, $20.00 OFF
Order more than $3,000.00, $30.00 OFF
Order more than $5,000.00, $50.00 OFF
Emily was the person I ordered the ones being warehoused domestically. Knowing there were two different quality levels of Grade A (in their words), the A+ batteries and the "inconsistent" batteries, i.e. didn't do well in their testing. She insisted the domestic ones were the A+ ones but time will tell.

Emily was the person I ordered the ones being warehoused domestically. Knowing there were two different quality levels of Grade A (in their words), the A+ batteries and the "inconsistent" batteries, i.e. didn't do well in their testing. She insisted the domestic ones were the A+ ones but time will tell.
Is this Emily the person here on the forum as Emily-Delongtop

Just ordered just over 100x 304EVE A-grade cells at shenzen Basen. Let`s see how this one goes.
They arrived yesterday, the boxes are good conditition. I checked almost 50 batteries, all in good condition, only one does have a little dent. They measured 2.90 volt and 18 mOhm.
Hope my second (larger) order will be as good @ Basen.

They arrived yesterday, the boxes are good conditition. I checked almost 50 batteries, all in good condition, only one does have a little dent. They measured 2.90 volt and 18 mOhm.
Hope my second (larger) order will be as good @ Basen.
Thanks for the feedback. Am glad that others are having good luck with an alternative vendor. I also hope you got a better rate than the other touted option.

The Cells:
- they were Eve LF280K variant. They have laser welded 6mm studs instead of the threaded terminal.
Thanks for the reference info. ... Wondering: Does your LF280K variant have flat plane sides that allow those cells to be packed tightly together without slight side bulges showing space and/or light in between the cells. ??? How is that part of your picture? Note: I understand some side bulging has been the norm.

Here’s an example barcode. I tried searching but it looks like we don’t know how to decode the three character date code?
Last 3 digits of serial redacted to satisfy my paranoia quota.

View attachment 56739
Your cell was made on 2021-Apr-01.
Decode as follows:
Character#1: 9, A, B: 2019, 2020, 2021
Character#2: 1-9: Jan-Sep; A-C: Oct-Dec
Character#3: 1-9: Day 1-9; A-V: Day 10-31
Works on most cells from EVE, Ganfeng, CALb, etc.
Catl cell might have 001 in the front, e.g. 001B9C... So if we ignore 001 then the decoding should work as above.

Thanks,
Dennis
YT: DSmartLife

Back