diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen review

Got my order of 45x EVE280Ah cells one week ago.
QR codes looking good, but unfortiunally the cells are a little bit bulged. Between some cells i got a gap of 1-2mm, should i be concerned?
My Lishen 272cells from february 2020 also from Basen performing really well since over one Year.

Got my order of 45x EVE280Ah cells one week ago.
QR codes looking good, but unfortiunally the cells are a little bit bulged. Between some cells i got a gap of 1-2mm, should i be concerned?
My Lishen 272cells from february 2020 also from Basen performing really well since over one Year.
My order was a bit larger, also more buldged cells and different values for the internal resistance. I started out with Basen with good cells, but it seems they are somewhat slacking in quality lately.

I bought 54 x Lishen 272AH Cells in Dec2020, arrived 7Apri21. All were good, no bulging. They were 're-wrapped' by Basen so I have my doubts as to being new ? I note now that they collect EU VAT with the order unless you provide VAT no for exemption. So called EU Polish stock still quotes 34-58 days shipping to France and charge more than I originally paid from China !

The lottery of new/used/grade A+ A A- B etc/binned/batched/matched continues. I have very little confidence in truth of many resellers. Price range for a 280AH cell seems to be from USD $90 to $260. (Later direct from EVE for example).

I also see Basen selling their own "Brand" now .. but just branded I believe not manufactured. Using anything they can get their hands on no doubt.

You got lucky, Basen, specifically ALex Chen has screwed many people over including bad cells in large orders. My advice is to always pay with credit card and keep orders under 16 cells. There is not much saving on a large order only more headache/risk.

I know of an order with about 200 cells, out of 40 were bad cells that had capacity issues, would not charge to full voltage, or had physical damage. Since they paid with bank they were out of luck.

Another person was able to get his money back from Master card but had to ship the cells to a warehouse in California, he actually simply sent the cells back form the address they were sent to and sent this info to the card company, Basen wanted it returned to China. I think that is a good tactic to employ, send it back to the California shipping location!
Add me to the list of people on this forum screwed by Alex Chen and Gloria Luo and whoever is selling them locally in the U.S. I got (I hope) 15 good cells and 1 bad cell. When I asked all three individuals about the bad cell they claimed it was "ov", stored too long, not following Gloria's directions, the cell was okay. Had I known . . .

Well it is what it is, grade A is double the price so I don't know what people are going on about. Seems like if you are lucky you can get the Grade B that is just short of grade A, but what guarantee is that you will get these magical almost as good as grade at half the price cells... None...

Now eve is stamping B on the failed cells so lets see what the sellers do. I predict it will be like the CATL cells, fake QR code on the side.

So after buying a lot of cells at Basen in the past year for my compagny, they finaly had the courage to scam me last month.
I did order A+ EVE LF280K cells with EVE test report. at Basen I did pay 135usd per cell. They confirmed the deal and insured me that i bought A+ grade LF280K witch can do 6000 cycles. Even in the order 280Ah K is mentioned.
Alex Chen at Basen send me old 24x LF280N cells (without test report) from january 2021 ! :mad: old b-grade stock, old type cells who can only do max 3500cycles. These cells where for a custommer who needed real automotive grade cells for his electric speedboat...
Basen offered me an extra cell after next order... I did apply for a partialy refund at Alibabba.
basen green scammers.png

So after buying a lot of cells at Basen in the past year for my compagny, they finaly had the courage to scam me last month.
I did order A+ EVE LF280K cells with EVE test report. at Basen I did pay 135usd per cell. They confirmed the deal and insured me that i bought A+ grade LF280K witch can do 6000 cycles. Even in the order 280Ah K is mentioned.
Alex Chen at Basen send me old 24x LF280N cells (without test report) from january 2021 ! :mad: old b-grade stock, old type cells who can only do max 3500cycles. These cells where for a custommer who needed real automotive grade cells for his electric speedboat...
Basen offered me an extra cell after next order... I did apply for a partialy refund at Alibabba.
View attachment 109218
how did the refund request went?

Final bid was 600usd from Basen. Thats 3920-600=3320=138usd p.cell for old stock cell b grade even c grade because 2 cells already died. My custommer is not happy..

After topcharge i made a 2p8s 24v pack. Test some testloads on it before my custommer placed it in his boat. When charging the bank with 24v120a two cells climbed to maximum voltage (3,65v)while the rest stayed at 3,3v.
Never have seen this before, i needed a grade cells dor this custommer because his large sailboat does 1000amp at 24v (few milliseconds) en then 700amps for a few seconds. Its the bowtruster that generate a large load on the bank.
Under load, it performs as planned, but when charging under load the two cells are going up too fast.
I'll visit my custommer for measuring the internal resistance f the 2 cells.. ro be continued..

After topcharge i made a 2p8s 24v pack. Test some testloads on it before my custommer placed it in his boat. When charging the bank with 24v120a two cells climbed to maximum voltage (3,65v)while the rest stayed at 3,3v.
Never have seen this before, i needed a grade cells dor this custommer because his large sailboat does 1000amp at 24v (few milliseconds) en then 700amps for a few seconds. Its the bowtruster that generate a large load on the bank.
Under load, it performs as planned, but when charging under load the two cells are going up too fast.
I'll visit my custommer for measuring the internal resistance f the 2 cells.. ro be continued..
How did this turn out? Was it the cells or bad interconnects?

Back