diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

macdad22

Just wanted everyone here to know that I ordered on April ( NOT May ) 3, 2021 from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd. 16 pieces of 272ah Lishen cells. Unfortunately, they ended up being out of stock of the Lishen cells and sent me the CATL 271ah cells for the same price. I plan on building a 16S battery and putting into service in parallel with 48V Eve 280ah battery pack in a 4s4s configuration I built a few weeks.

Great communication from Emily. Would definitely do business with them again.

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited:
They where well packed, i've inserted bolts into the threads, it appears all of them are close in charge at 3.27V. With shipping ~$116 a cell, so quit a bit of savings vs. Aliexpress from a warehouse in the USA, but tradeoff was the 60 day wait. Hopefully post COVID sea shipping times shrink a little bit.

Just wanted everyone here to know that I ordered on April ( NOT May ) 3, 2021 from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd. 16 pieces of 272ah Lishen cells. Unfortunately, they ended up being out of stock of the Lishen cells and sent me the CATL 271ah cells for the same price. I plan on building a 16S battery and putting into service in parallel with 48V Eve 280ah battery pack in a 4s4s configuration I built a few weeks.

Great communication from Emily. Would definitely do business with them again.

Cheers,

Chris
Just finished a 2P 16S build last week. Got the Daly parameters figured out yesterday. Have fun with yours. J

Attachments

• 5E38293A-A9CE-4998-A0B3-61DE284F71B6.jpeg
    5E38293A-A9CE-4998-A0B3-61DE284F71B6.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 151
  • CD1A24EA-5150-4F9A-BF4C-5F7A28015391.jpeg
    CD1A24EA-5150-4F9A-BF4C-5F7A28015391.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 148
Hi guys....as soon as I think I know what I am going to order, and from where, another twist and turn.

I have been given quotes from Basen for EVE cells.

1. 8pcs EVE 3.2V 280AH A+ N
*Unit price:US$120/pc; 8pcs=US$960
*Grade A and Brand New

2. 8pcs EVE 3.2V 280AH
*Unit price:US$99/pc; 8pcs=US$792
*Grade A and Brand New

So, aside from a $21 difference per cell, I asked what was the difference between the $120 A+ Grade A cell vs. the $99 Grade A cell.

Answer: A+ cell with better consistency

Consistency? Does this mean anything to you battery geeks? Have we gotten where there are Grade A cells and Grade A cells and are not equal? That there are A+ grade A cells, and non-grade A+ grade A cells?

What do you think she was referring to as consistency, and what could be "wrong" with the non-A+ Grade A cells? Mis-matches, different internal resistance, lower life expectancy? 20% difference in price ought to equate to something regarding quality I should or shouldn't care about?

I would speculate that “consistency” refers to similar capacity and ir, whereas the cheaper cells are considered bulk cells that have not been tested and matched.

I would speculate that “consistency” refers to similar capacity and ir, whereas the cheaper cells are considered bulk cells that have not been tested and ma
to be determined inconsistent would imply testing. I don't think they would test some, pass them, put a higher price on them, and not test the others potentially of equal quality and sell them cheaper. I suspect all cells are tested, if nothing else, to avoid DOA.

Based on others who have ordered A+ from Basen they won’t necessarily be matched…refer to this thread:

Are those prices with or without shipping? Quotes for shipping are insane to the US (MA)…around $60/cell

Based on others who have ordered A+ from Basen they won’t necessarily be matched…refer to this thread:

Are those prices with or without shipping? Quotes for shipping are insane to the US (MA)…around $60/cell
The $99 and $120 prices are in China, so plus shipping. The other options is to buy EVE from their US warehouse for more, but they say 7-10 days receipt.

Regarding the CATL, Basen told me that the batteries had been made for another customer, and due to the change, they had to scratch the QR. Kind of makes sense, but I have no reason to say they are lying. Regarding condition of the batteries, I only know what they told me.

Almost all quotes for cells from China to my location in NM is about $300... In my case, the shipped from China price was $1194, shipped from the US for $1216...They do have so cells they say are grade A, but not as good that would have been $1026 plus shipping. Here again, the savings wasn't worth it for lower quality and longer wait.

Hi guys....as soon as I think I know what I am going to order, and from where, another twist and turn.

I have been given quotes from Basen for EVE cells.

1. 8pcs EVE 3.2V 280AH A+ N
*Unit price:US$120/pc; 8pcs=US$960
*Grade A and Brand New

2. 8pcs EVE 3.2V 280AH
*Unit price:US$99/pc; 8pcs=US$792
*Grade A and Brand New

So, aside from a $21 difference per cell, I asked what was the difference between the $120 A+ Grade A cell vs. the $99 Grade A cell.

Answer: A+ cell with better consistency

Consistency? Does this mean anything to you battery geeks? Have we gotten where there are Grade A cells and Grade A cells and are not equal? That there are A+ grade A cells, and non-grade A+ grade A cells?

What do you think she was referring to as consistency, and what could be "wrong" with the non-A+ Grade A cells? Mis-matches, different internal resistance, lower life expectancy? 20% difference in price ought to equate to something regarding quality I should or shouldn't care about?
I suspect the difference is that the cheaper cells are LF280 or LF280N, bulk commodity cells. Not matched at all and possibly as old as 2019.
The more expensive cells look to be the standard price range of the new LF280K cells which only started being manufactured this year.

I suspect the difference is that the cheaper cells are LF280 or LF280N, bulk commodity cells. Not matched at all and possibly as old as 2019.
The more expensive cells look to be the standard price range of the new LF280K cells which only started being manufactured this year.
Should be LF280N, "The battery matches the voltage and internal resistance before we deliver the product. We will deliver the product only when the battery is in good condition." They claim new.

More information from Basen. I will quote it:

"The goods in the overseas warehouse (US) were produced in June this year, and EVE 280AH is very popular. It is impossible for the goods of last year to be sold this year, and EVE 280AH has been out of stock from March to July this year"

I asked why they would be getting and shipping "N if "K" was being made when these were made. I can only guess that they had N and K both in production at the same time?

It looks like N is not being made anymore. Amy from Luyuan, who buys directly from EVE (or so is said), does not sell the N model anymore as she's run out and cant get anymore.

to be determined inconsistent would imply testing. I don't think they would test some, pass them, put a higher price on them, and not test the others potentially of equal quality and sell them cheaper. I suspect all cells are tested, if nothing else, to avoid DOA.
Every cell is tested in the factory. Every supplier claims grade A. Unless they come with a test report from the manufacturer, they are not grade A. The cheap "grade A" cells are those that aren't testing as well in the factory.

Every cell is tested in the factory. Every supplier claims grade A. Unless they come with a test report from the manufacturer, they are not grade A. The cheap "grade A" cells are those that aren't testing as well in the factory.
OK, so you are saying the factory strives to make A's, but some don't make their spec, so they are sold as a blem, or grade B? If they are buying a substandard version of the product, they know that, and shouldn't be willingly selling them as something else. I know Basen offers grade B batteries but they tell you that is what they are and they are cheaper. I think it would behoove the factory to identify or mark batteries that are below grade in a manner such that it doesn't invite fraud.

OK, so you are saying the factory strives to make A's, but some don't make their spec, so they are sold as a blem, or grade B? If they are buying a substandard version of the product, they know that, and shouldn't be willingly selling them as something else. I know Basen offers grade B batteries but they tell you that is what they are and they are cheaper. I think it would behoove the factory to identify or mark batteries that are below grade in a manner such that it doesn't invite fraud.
No, every factory of course tries as hard as possible to make inferior batteries they can sell only for lower prices. Really?

Why do you think they don't come with those QR codes? Why do you think sellers cover up where the QR codes were scratched off?

I can't speak for every battery manufacturer or seller, but by their own spec sheet, any Eve cell over 5 months old is not grade A.

Back