diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

Just wanted everyone here to know that I ordered on April ( NOT May ) 3, 2021 from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd. 16 pieces of 272ah Lishen cells. Unfortunately, they ended up being out of stock of the Lishen cells and sent me the CATL 271ah cells for the same price. I plan on building a 16S battery and putting into service in parallel with 48V Eve 280ah battery pack in a 4s4s configuration I built a few weeks.

Great communication from Emily. Would definitely do business with them again.

Cheers,

Chris
I purchased 20x 235 ah Eve and 5 yinglong from them and was very happy with their service i dealt with Sofia via Alibaba

No, every factory of course tries as hard as possible to make inferior batteries they can sell only for lower prices. Really?

Why do you think they don't come with those QR codes? Why do you think sellers cover up where the QR codes were scratched off?

I can't speak for every battery manufacturer or seller, but by their own spec sheet, any Eve cell over 5 months old is not grade A.
I was of course being sarcastic, but if there is a problem in the process, it seems it starts with the mfg. If the mfg is grading batteries, but does nothing in the battery labeling to distinguish one from the other, then they are partly to blame.

I have never heard of the 5-month parameter before, with any lithium product, and I use a lot of various lithium products. I am sure you know way more than me, but very few products get through the whole to consumer process in that time window.

I was of course being sarcastic, but if there is a problem in the process, it seems it starts with the mfg. If the mfg is grading batteries, but does nothing in the battery labeling to distinguish one from the other, then they are partly to blame.

I have never heard of the 5-month parameter before, with any lithium product, and I use a lot of various lithium products. I am sure you know way more than me, but very few products get through the whole to consumer process in that time window.

The spec sheet for the Eve cells I purchased:

"Test should be conducted with new batteries within one month after shipment from our factory and the cells shall not be cycled more than five times before the test. Unless otherwise defined, test stated in this specification should be conducted at temperature of 25±2℃, humidity 45~85% and Test should be performed under standard atmospheric conditions with 86KPa~106KPa pressure."

I will also point out, cells do not bloat themselves. If you receive cells that are bloated, they are used (and abused) cells.

If the mfg is grading batteries, but does nothing in the battery labeling to distinguish one from the other, then they are partly to blame.
At least PV panel manufacturers do this because there is a standard they have to follow.. and why you see panels from same manufacturer and same size but in multiple different wattage ratings, with "grade A" having the highest.

The spec sheet for the Eve cells I purchased:

"Test should be conducted with new batteries within one month after shipment from our factory and the cells shall not be cycled more than five times before the test. Unless otherwise defined, test stated in this specification should be conducted at temperature of 25±2℃, humidity 45~85% and Test should be performed under standard atmospheric conditions with 86KPa~106KPa pressure."

I will also point out, cells do not bloat themselves. If you receive cells that are bloated, they are used (and abused) cells.
You get direct from the factory....must get a deal. My Lishens are going to be a year old in October and they haven't been installed...

You get direct from the factory....must get a deal. My Lishens are going to be a year old in October and they haven't been installed...
There is nothing wrong with grade B cells, I own some myself. They are a great value. Most simply failed to pull full capacity at the factory. Always order extra.

Vendors who sale used cells as "grade A" should be discouraged by chargebacks, and should be forced out of business. I see too many people on here who get the cheapest price, and that's all they are concerned about. You should be very concerned if those "grade A" cells arrive bloated. The bloating is cause by boiling electrolyte, the cells were over charged or over discharged, they in no way shape or form resemble "grade A" or even grade B, they are simply toxic waste sold at a premium price.

BUT every Chinese seller "GRADE A+ with cherry on top and whip cream, chopped almonds even" Cells. This is a joke, I understand this is Chinese culture and this is nothing new, I just don't understand why Mastercard / Visa / Paypal hasn't said ENOUGH and simply not banned Alibaba / Express.

BUT every Chinese seller "GRADE A+ with cherry on top and whip cream, chopped almonds even" Cells. This is a joke, I understand this is Chinese culture and this is nothing new, I just don't understand why Mastercard / Visa / Paypal hasn't said ENOUGH and simply not banned Alibaba / Express.
PayPal just increases their fees to keep up with the fraud.

Not to be repetitive, I just posted an update to the situation in another thread

I was given the actual test data from EVE for the batteries I bought. They tested the particular cell at 291.1A which I assume is OK for a 280A cell. Do you still think that is Grade B?

PayPal just increases their fees to keep up with the fraud.
My bigger issue with the whole thing is what I assume is a fraudulent charge, i.e. sales tax. They certainly aren't collecting and submitting sales tax to my state. What in the heck is that all about?

Did you yourself do the test? Did you match the serial numbers? that report is the same everyone has been giving out its a sample report of a batch where they test 1 out of every 100-200 cells and say, yeah they all good... probably...

So unless you have a CBA or some other device I would not trust this. Most people that have this type of equipment even with BRAND NEW certified direct from eve ever get over 285 A.

In fact I have 4 cells that were giving 285 but now have dropped to under 280 after just 5 cycels. Because of this I am no longer full cycling them as I don't want my capcaity to evaporate away.

I'm begging to think CELL aging affects these cells quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if these same cells tested to 260 in just a year or to even with low usage.

Not to be repetitive, I just posted an update to the situation in another thread

I was given the actual test data from EVE for the batteries I bought. They tested the particular cell at 291.1A which I assume is OK for a 280A cell. Do you still think that is Grade B?
You can easily interpret the date code, the Eve spec sheets telling you how are in the resources section.

Did you yourself do the test? Did you match the serial numbers? that report is the same everyone has been giving out its a sample report of a batch where they test 1 out of every 100-200 cells and say, yeah they all good... probably...

So unless you have a CBA or some other device I would not trust this. Most people that have this type of equipment even with BRAND NEW certified direct from eve ever get over 285 A.

In fact I have 4 cells that were giving 285 but now have dropped to under 280 after just 5 cycels. Because of this I am no longer full cycling them as I don't want my capcaity to evaporate away.

I'm begging to think CELL aging affects these cells quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if these same cells tested to 260 in just a year or to even with low usage.
Guess you missed this part, " They tested the particular cell at 291.1A". That means it was my serial number. The report had the test data for each and every cell in their order.

No matter what I say, the vendor says, it is just all negative.

My bigger issue with the whole thing is what I assume is a fraudulent charge, i.e. sales tax. They certainly aren't collecting and submitting sales tax to my state. What in the heck is that all about?
BTW, What state are you in? Lots of states has passed the law now to collect on-line tax because they are missing out on the sale tax.

BTW, What state are you in? Lots of states has passed the law now to collect on-line tax because they are missing out on the sale tax.
Not from CHINA.....Yes, many states out of greed are collecting tax without justification, shades of the Boston Tea Party. Do you really think New Mexico or any state can or would force China to collect their sales tax and then report and submit it.....Further, when I have seen a sales tax wrongly collected in China, it is usually 3% which is not NM sales tax rate. In fact, you see that sales tax quotes before they even know where you live or what your tax rate would be.

Not from CHINA.....Yes, many states out of greed are collecting tax without justification, shades of the Boston Tea Party. Do you really think New Mexico or any state can or would force China to collect their sales tax and then report and submit it.....Further, when I have seen a sales tax wrongly collected in China, it is usually 3% which is not NM sales tax rate. In fact, you see that sales tax quotes before they even know where you live or what your tax rate would be.
Australian government make them charge 10 percent GST on all purchases, who knows if they actually pay it to the Australian tax office but there more than happy to charge its it pure profit.

Back