diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

So who is charging the 3%? Aliexpress, or ??/
That is Ali taking a piece of the pie, handling charge, whatever you want to call it. That is not a tax and isn't called a tax. I am talking about the specific item at checkout labeled sales tax, usually 3.X% They didn't put it on my recent Alibaba orders but was frequently added to Aliexpress orders. To make things more complicated, my State, being as horrible as it can be, doesn't call it sales tax, they call it gross receipts tax.

I am in Cali, when I buy from Alibaba I do not pay Cali sale tax, but Alibaba charge the 3% fee.
When I buy from Aliexpress, I have to pay 8.25% (state +local) tax on my order. You are lucky your sale tax is a lot less than Cali.

Doesn't matter who is charging or collecting the tax, it is fraud. The day you think a Chinese business is going to collect and pay your state sales tax will be when the cow jumps over the moon. No explanation for the sales tx, just something they collect and goes bye bye.

Product AmountShipping CostTaxTotal Amount
US $ 13.11US $ 0.85US $ 0.71US $ 14.67

That is 5.5%.
I do not know if Cali goes after and really collecting from Aliexpress, Ebay, or Amazon for sale tax or not.

That is 5.5%.
I do not know if Cali goes after and really collecting from Aliexpress, Ebay, or Amazon for sale tax or not.
The point is that 5.5% is not my state or city tax amount. It is just a profit line for the chinese.

Not at all, as long as they are on their tall side like you see below. I checked with the company on this first. I'm also doing a series on the build on our YouTube channel. Hope yours goes well too! J

Attachments

• Batteries.jpeg
    Batteries.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Batteries 2.jpeg
    Batteries 2.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back