diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Luyuan - Did I get what I paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, what I think he may be alluding to is that they're not actually doing anything to "match n bin". They're just presumably ordering quality new grade a cells (except for the uhhh...older model serials?), and selling them as "matched and binned". Either way, his findings seem worthy of discussion. Do you not agree?

Frankly, what I think he may be alluding to is that they're not actually doing anything to "match n bin". They're just presumably ordering quality new grade a cells (except for the uhhh...older model serials?), and selling them as "matched and binned". Either way, his findings seem worthy of discussion. Do you not agree?
He told us the amount of cells he purchased .... but I'm not sure he ever actually showed that he paid the extra for matched and batched cells ..... he just told us what he paid for them.

He told us the amount of cells he purchased .... but I'm not sure he ever actually showed that he paid the extra for matched and batched cells ..... he just told us what he paid for them.
Everything I've seen is that you pay a premium through amy but you get matched and binned cells. No where have I read that there is a premium on the premium for matched and binned.

Everything I've seen is that you pay a premium through amy but you get matched and binned cells. No where have I read that there is a premium on the premium for matched and binned.
I haven't personally gotten a quote from Amy ... but I'm pretty sure you can either order X amount of cells .... or order X amount of cells and get them matched and batched for a little extra.

Not my job

I haven't ... and won't go back an read what he posted.... It's even possible he deleted that part ... but I know what I read.
Not worth it to me either. Human brains have a tendency to play tricks on their owners. It's a fact.

So presumably we move forward by ascertaining:

1. is there supposed to be a premium on the premium for matched and binned? (this is the first i've heard that)

2. Did he pay an extra premium?

Let's get this whole thing cleared up so we know what we're getting/what we're supposed to get from Amy. If I think I'm supposed to get something and I don't get it, I won't be a happy camper. I absolutely sympathize with OP. There doesn't need to be any "oopsies" in translation.

This is the code on one of the latest cells. They are quite hard to read and my phone won't scan the QR codes.

View attachment 62024

Would you be able to share the serial numbers and the rough date received for each shipment?

Really curious about how many different 3-digit Manufacturing Date codes were in a "Factory Matched Grade A set" ? and how far apart the dates are (days vs weeks vs. months).

Maybe he/she wanted them to be exactly 280AH capacity and not higher and of course 1 mohm difference is a shocking uge issue.
A lack of understanding +++ = foofarah
nothing to see
Steve - Firstly, allow me to thank you for your great contributions to this board. I greatly appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share. It's tremendously valuable - and no doubt of great benefit to many on this board.

With that said, No member should be made to feel uncomfortable questioning a supplier.

There is a reason Conflict of Interest Disclosure policies are adopted by so many these days. Even if there isn't a conflict--- sometimes the appearance alone is enough to reduce credibility.

I share the concerns of 2 authors on this thread with respect to this supplier.

I do not wish to be attacked personally for sharing my thoughts or experiences - as was another here. Suppliers doing what's needed to make money is nothing new. But the value of this board is to Exchange Knowledge and Help One Another. That cannot happen if one cannot freely share concerns about a particular supplier without a thread turning negative such at this one.

For me personally - I paid for factory matched LK280N (= type 71) - and my spec sheet is showing 2 of 8 cells being the OLDER TYPE 66 (which aren't LF280N that I paid for but rather LF280 base). I paid for "Factory Matched" Grade A cells that are all LK280N. That is now what I see on the serial list. (to say nothing what I now see as an untruthful answer re: K-model so as not to delay my order).

If a car dealer sold me a 2020 as a 2021 - and later defended it by saying - they didn't really change the car much. No judge or jury would side with that car dealer. Similarly in this instance, people are frustrated by the deviation between the terms quoted and what is delivered - and you must allow them to share their experience without personal attacks - for open sharing is the purpose of this forum.

Again - if this Supplier is an official board sponsor and thus commentary with regard to experience with them is to be censured - then I would ask the admins to make this clear and I will delete this commentary. If not, then it's time to embrace the contrarian views and get to the bottom of the situation for the benefit of all here. It is here that your wealth of knowledge would be of the utmost value.

In my instance- I'll see what Amy has to say to explain the situation -- and get the real info from EVE Manufacturing directly. Just general principal here. Even if everything were to pass capacity - did I get what I ordered? Was it worth it? All very fair questions.

I hope this will serve as a message of UNITY and OPPORTUNITY and not as an invitation for any strife - for I think quite highly of this board. Similarly, I would appreciate the board's leverage and support as I and other pursue redress of the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether these cells are suitable for my use, if I received what I paid a premium for or even if I had a good experience are all different questions.

I'm seeing a general problem with these forums where a number of people refer to some vendors as "trusted suppliers". Anyone who reports their real world experience, which may not be favorable is then set upon by the same experts who promoted them in the first place. That is a very poor look and at some point is going to reflect on Will, who as far as I can see in his videos is very good at disclosing conflicts. The rage that I experienced and selective editing of posts by unnamed moderators has only served to cement my feeling that something is not quite kosha.

These cells were heavily promoted here as "factory matched". Being generous they might have been, but that is no longer the case. The supplier buys 500 or 1000 at a time with the factory supplied test data and then "matches" them themselves on a best effort basis.

In my opinion this vendor does not deserve the title of "trusted supplier" any more than others as:
1. On the three separate occasions I purchased from them I did not get exactly what I paid for. On the first occasion I received B grade, under capacity cells even though I was told they were grade a and paid extra to test.
2. Goods were shipped prior to the test data being made available (every time).
4. No verifiable factory issued test data or certificates supplied with the product. Without traceability such test data is of limited value.
5. Alibaba contracts that are suitably vague and do not record the specifications of the product purchased. I.e. they list generic LF280, as opposed to LF280N, LF280K etc. "Nominal" 280Ah. I don't accept they do not know the part number and specifications of what they are selling. They specifically list LF280K in their store.
6. 15 day full payment up front and no escrow or real performance guarantee. In fact the 15 days might work against the buyer as there is a time limit for the supplier to ship.
7. Minimal warranty support.

I'm not at all unfamiliar with buying from China and I largely consider I have done OK out of all if this in comparison to some others. Let's not kid ourselves, purchasing on these terms is high risk. Is it less risk to deal with this supplier? Maybe, but there is a clear disconnect between the reality of these transactions and what some members are promoting to others.

Last edited:
Maybe he/she wanted them to be exactly 280AH capacity and not higher and of course 1 mohm difference is a shocking uge issue.
A lack of understanding +++ = foofarah
nothing to see

Before we decide this is all irrelevant, how about we answer what variation in part number, cell voltage, IR, capacity, and other specifications is acceptable under this description (matched)?

I have seen cells being supplied here that have capacity range within 0.5 - 1 AH. Is 5.6AH spread really acceptable for large orders where the customer wants to run 2P16S? Is it OK to mix and match cell types? I would assume EVE's larger customers specify a better tolerance than this.

Very little is published and in my world that is the suppliers responsibility. If it was the original question would not have been asked.

Before we decide this is all irrelevant, how about we answer what variation in part number, cell voltage, IR, capacity, and other specifications is acceptable under this description (matched)?

I have seen cells being supplied here that have capacity range within 0.5 - 1 AH. Is 5.6AH spread really acceptable for large orders where the customer wants to run 2P16S? Is it OK to mix and match cell types? I would assume EVE's larger customers specify a better tolerance than this.

Very little is published and in my world that is the suppliers responsibility. If it was the original question would not have been asked.

you recieved good cells, which by their very nature have some variantion

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still looking for the problem here.
my recent order from Amy for 32 matched cells. I think they look good, but dont know much about this sort of thing? Is there a best way to assemble to make two 48v batteries parallel with the data provided? or just go for it

Attachments

• amy cell.png
    amy cell.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 34
my recent order from Amy for 32 matched cells. I think they look good, but dont know much about this sort of thing? Is there a best way to assemble to make two 48v batteries parallel with the data provided? or just go for it

I am wondering why the open circuit voltage is provided three times in the data and why twice at 2.8V and once at 3.3V?

Closing the thread permanently as the discussion doesn't seem to be able to get back on track.
It keeps descending into questions of member motivations rather than discussing the issue in the OP.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that doesn't mean they have evil intent or are getting kick-backs and suggesting it publically, no matter how politely worded, is disrespectful to that member. If you have concerns about the legitimacy of a post report it with your proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back