diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Tianshilihe Technology Co., Ltd. Great Experience

Rolfs

On the 18th of October 2022 I ordered 100 units of the new B version EVE 280K and they were delivered last week.
I am in Australia and they came via ship then truck from China.

I dealt with Cynthia Pan. She has great English and is very honest and professional.

Throughout the process she provided regular updates and photos.

I have verified all the batteries have genuine QR codes and that the IR is as per spec. The Voltages were all exactly the same.

I have tested a few random samples and they perform exactly as per spec.

I ordered via Alibaba and paid via PayPal using their Trade Assistance Service.

I have no connection with the supplier other than being a satisfied customer, I have no incentive for posting here except to help others in the same situation.

cynthia@tianshilihe.com

Screenshot from 2022-12-27 20-16-20.png

Last edited:
On the 18th of October 2022 I ordered 100 units of the new B version EVE 280K and they were delivered last week.
I am in Australia.....

Thanks Rolf, good to know of another supplier that ships to Australia.

Can you clarify " new B version EVE 280k". Is this a new version of the LF280k or do you mean Grade B?

Did you get laser studs on terminals?

100 pieces is a decent shipment with a project in mind?

Went to the Shenzhen Tianshilihe Technology Co., Ltd website and the obvious difference from other Chinese suppliers was the fact that the website had obviously been edited by a good native English speaker removing the Chinglish.

Did you purchase BMSs, could only see Daly on their website, but I presume like many resellers they are able to procure other brands.

Tianshilihe is just a difficult word to insert into my formatted head!

They are the latest version of the LF280K manufacturer late last year. These all have B stamped on the QR code.
I have attached the spec sheet for the cells.

They have a 6000 cycle life @ 25C @ 0.5C and 80% DOD

In a large home storage battery they will never see anything close to 0.5C and so should last a long time.

They have laser welded studs and came with all the hardware.

Cynthia has almost perfect English and is a professional.

They are going into an Off-Grid home on a farm in NE VIC.

I like JK BMS as they have always proved reliable and I find them easy to integrate into smart homes.

The house construction is running late due to the wet weather and so I would have time to sell these cells and order replacements.

Landed in Oz with the conversion from USD to AUD and Insurance, Shipping and other fees they owe me about $17,000.

If anyone in Vic wanted them now they would be available but I would put a margin onto them to make it worth my while.

At the moment the individual cells are selling for $350 each from the Australian suppliers that I am aware of. I would not be expecting that much but would expect to get around $250 a cell (no GST) delivered in VIC.

If someone does want them and can show me a better price from a genuine supplier I should be able to beat it.

If I still have them in a month I'll hang onto them as my window for re-ordering is short.

Attachments

• EVE-LF280K-LiFePO4-Battery-Cell-Product-Specification-2021323.pdf
    985.9 KB · Views: 17
Yes that is what the grade B means, its a cell that failed testing, but doesn't mean its bad for offgrid use, just not good enough for EV or ESS use.

Anyway you should get a fan tester like this charge up a cell and test to see what type of results you get.

I'm particularly found of the 280K :devilish: and like to see what type of results people get.

Make sure you get the one with the v-sense cables: https://www.amazon.com/150W-Electronic-Adjustment-Constant-Discharge/dp/B099226TLF

I tested a couple of the cells when they arrived with my EBC-A20 and they all pulled more than 180Ah.

These cells are not Grade B and have not failed anything, they are Version B that is the latest version that became available last year.

These cells are available in EV grade and they still have the B on the barcode to show they are the latest version, the only difference between the EV grade and the ESS grade is how closely they are matched when sold as a group ,ie EV all have the the lowest possible IR.

But these are intended to make a home battery with around 70kWh of capacity made up of 6 16s packs. Even if the inverters were able to draw 20kW and that is double their capability, the load on the batteries would never exceed 70 Amps which won't even make them warm ;-) ...

I tested a couple of the cells when they arrived with my EBC-A20 and they all pulled more than 180Ah.

These cells are not Grade B and have not failed anything, they are Version B that is the latest version that became available last year.

These cells are available in EV grade and they still have the B on the barcode to show they are the latest version, the only difference between the EV grade and the ESS grade is how closely they are matched when sold as a group ,ie EV all have the the lowest possible IR.

But these are intended to make a home battery with around 70kWh of capacity made up of 6 16s packs. Even if the inverters were able to draw 20kW and that is double their capability, the load on the batteries would never exceed 70 Amps which won't even make them warm ;-) ...
Can you read the bar code with the letter B destroying the bar code?

Your seller must have really special kool-aid because you seem to be drinking it up with eyes and mind shut.

Can you read the bar code with the letter B destroying the bar code?
Yes I was able to read the car code. It does not work with all apps but initially I just used the numbers to get the manufacturing details.

Your seller must have really special kool-aid because you seem to be drinking it up with eyes and mind shut.
I am a thinking man and I do my own research. I recommend that is what everyone does. You sound like a troll.

Yet clearly you ARE A NOOB. Capacity is just 1 metric, 18650 store has both grade B and grade A and the B actually can exceed the AH in capacity test. So explain genius are the manufactures just stupid charging less for better cells while also marring up the qr codes?

Last edited:
These all have B stamped on the QR code.

That does indicate that these cells are grade B, not that they are version B of the cell. This does not mean they're bad cells per se, but just that they failed some of the internal testing. You can do some capacity testing etc. if you want, or just put them in a battery and put them to use. I also have LF280K cells that are grade B and they work fine for my purpose - and have been for a year now.

My recollection from my learned mates on this forum is that EVE from last year now make their original labels branded with a "B" for grade B to try and stop resellers upselling them as A (automotive) grade.

Last edited:

Where did you get this info? Was it the seller? no problem just let us know the source. Because this seller was spotted lying and not honest

Last edited:
Firstly I have ordered over 200 EVE 280Ah cells in the last year and they all meet the specs and perform as expected.

If you have ordered more that this then feel free to have an opinion.

If you have never ordered any cells or got some shit cells of AliExpress then please don't bother to comment on this thread, it is not about you!

I have attached the spec sheet for the cells, you can see they are version B of the cell (Not Grade B). This is the Eve version and they meet all the specifications.

EVE like all suppliers had has issues with dodgy sellers selling bad cells as grade A.

EVE started putting B onto the QR code last year to indicate NON EV cells.

EVE stopped putting B onto the QR code last year because too many people through the cells were B grade and not the Version B ESS cells and it caused too much trouble.

The previous generation of EVE cells (LF280) was rated for 3500 cycles at 1C the latest version (LF280K) is rated for 6000 cycles at 0.5C

This could just be a marketing trick by EVE as the previous cells might have also delivered 6000 cycles at 0.5C but for ESS where the C rates are very low in a well designed system 6000 cycles is way beyond the expected calendar life of the cells.

The solar systems I have built all charge at less than .25C and discharge below .2C and so it would be absolute stupidity to use EV cells.

Yes, there seems to be a non stop supply of idiots who do no research and pay a low price for 'A' Grade cells and then find they get used or defective cells.

I did not order EV grade cells, I ordered ESS cells, I got what I ordered at a fair price and I am happy.

These cells were shipped as UN3480 cells (In marked boxes with test information) at a higher cost and this is perhaps one of the most obvious differences between a genuine seller and a dodgy seller.

If you are not happy then that is sad for you but please don't bother to comment on this thread.

Attachments

• LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification(Version B).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Back