diy solar

diy solar

ShineTools w/ Growatt SPF 5000 ES

elihelou

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used ShineTools with Growatt SPF 5000 ES?
It's just that when I connect it to my datalogger, I'm unable to find the SPF type in the list.

okay, after talking to Growatt's support in China, they informed me that ShineTools is only used with on-grid and not off-grid inverters.

I have a pair of the 3000 LVM off grid inverters and they work fine with ShineTools. Who did you purchase from...can they offer any help?

I forgot what my problem was but I was not logging onto the correct Growatt server. Growatt helped get it sorted out, but I spoke to my vendor first. He helped communicate with Growatt, as I recall.

Btw, I set up my first datalogger today on one of my SPF-5000 ES inverters (3 in 3phase). Works perfectly, can access shineserver from all computers and also the app. Was a little pissed when I found out that it does not collect data from all 3 but you need one datalogger per. inverter even if it is configed as 3phase...so I ordered 2 more today.

server.growatt.com or if you are in the US server-us.growatt.com, make an account and define a "plant" or installation.
Pretty simple.

Btw, I set up my first datalogger today on one of my SPF-5000 ES inverters (3 in 3phase). Works perfectly, can access shineserver from all computers and also the app. Was a little pissed when I found out that it does not collect data from all 3 but you need one datalogger per. inverter even if it is configed as 3phase...so I ordered 2 more today.

server.growatt.com or if you are in the US server-us.growatt.com, make an account and define a "plant" or installation.
Pretty simple.
Your 3 can be in the same "plant" but the data is still separate for each. "It is, what it is", We say.

I have a pair of the 3000 LVM off grid inverters and they work fine with ShineTools. Who did you purchase from...can they offer any help?

I forgot what my problem was but I was not logging onto the correct Growatt server. Growatt helped get it sorted out, but I spoke to my vendor first. He helped communicate with Growatt, as I recall.
Can you please confirm if ShineTools or ShinePhone because i got the official answer from Growatt that ShineTools is only for offgrid while ShinePhone is for all devices.

Can you please confirm if ShineTools or ShinePhone because i got the official answer from Growatt that ShineTools is only for offgrid while ShinePhone is for all devices.
I have two of the off grid 3000w units. I log onto Growatt US server and have the dashboard that shows what the Wifi units are reporting. That is about all I know on the matter.

I have two of the off grid 3000w units. I log onto Growatt US server and have the dashboard that shows what the Wifi units are reporting. That is about all I know on the matter.
ok thnx, I believe that you using the ShinePhone app instead of ShineTools (both apps available on the appstore)

Same here. Using a normal PC with Chrome and server.growatt.com and are not using any phoneapp.

I have a direct wifi dongle (not a logging dongle) from growatt but I think it's for the gird tied and maybe even the hybrid units. It connects to my shineTools App on my phone with all the good things but does not connect to SPF inverter in ShineTools. ShineTools and ShinePhone or the sever logging software on the Ginverter website are two different things. I can confirm, just like was said in the previous post, that the SPF series of inverters doesn't show up in the drop down list on ShineTools and cannot be used to do live logging or firmware updates. Correct me if I am wrong and please show us if you know how.

Back