diy solar

diy solar

Should I go with mpp solar?

supra85

Bought 6 100 watt rich solar panels and 2 SOK 206ah batteries. Not sure if I should go with mpp solar LV2424 msd or just build something. This set up is for if grid is down. Want to run fridge and deep freezer and charge DeWalt batteries. Also want to be able to expand on it. Any suggestions?

all in one is the ideal for your use case. You can set them to pass grid through normally and only transition to battery if the grid goes down. You can also parallel them for more capacity as you add in the future.

The green one ties into grid right? I don't want to do that.
Feeding the grid is optional (and is turned off by default). The green unit is quieter (the fans) at least it was last year when I bought mine. Not sure if the newer versions are any quieter.

Then I don't know why anyone would want the white one, that's if they are both the same except for the option to grid tie.

I don't either other than the green color is probably not everyone's favorite. It even is less expensive by a couple dollars most places.

1627397678806.png

I have the white one and I found out that there is one more difference and in my opinion, it's a big one. The difference is in the software. White one uses Watchpower software while the green one uses Solarpower software. They look very similar in terms of UI, but the ability to program settings based on time is only in the Solarpower software. This means that I cannot program any of my settings to be time-based, I really wish I would have known that before buying. Hope this info helps,

Watchpower = white one = MPP LV2424 MSD = no time programming
Solarpower = green one- MPP LV2424 Hybrid = time programming

Can either of these be remotely controlled?
Can you set up custom charge parameters as for two SOK 24V 100Ah batteries>?
1.) In regard to remote control, you need a separate attachment but yes you can control them via wifi. Google lv2424 wifi adapter *NOTE that there are two wifi adapters. One of them is newer and only works on newer models of lv2424's.
2.) Yes you can setup a custom charge parameter on either of the LV2424's.

I bought an MPP LV48 3Kw unit about a year ago, and it's worked flawlessly, but I was not so lucky with the second one I received about a month ago.
I ordered the parallel boards at the same time but there was a problem with delivery, so I installed it as just an MPPT charge controller to my battery bank. Turned it on and the first thing was an error code that the fan wasn't turning. By careful examination (I stuck my finger in the fan) I could fell that the fan blades were dragging on something.
I contacted Ian at 24/7 and he said it should be an easy fix. I did ask about voiding the warranty if I took the cover off myself, but never did get an answer.
Although not happy that I was having to fix a brand new, rather expensive piece of equipment upon deliver, I took off the front cover.
Inside I found that the build quality was awful.
IMG_2807.JPG
The green toroid with the blue and pink wires is not secured to anything, and it's crushed the side of the very thin plastic ducting pushing it into the fan, hence the code.
IMG_2808.JPG
I ended up using cable ties to keep the torroid away from the ducting, but if you look lower there's an orange disc capacitor that is bent over itself, probably from being hit with the torroid.
IMG_2812.JPG
This means that the units are not tested at the factory and there seems to be no quality control or final inspection.

Back