diy solar

diy solar

Should I spend the extra cash for 24v Victron Multiplus for $1,027?

thenunzzz

I am deciding between sticking with a 12v Renogy 3000w inverter I already ordered or getting the Victron Multiplus 3000w 24v. The Multiplus is $1,027 at Inverter supply right now which is why I am tempted to bite the bullet and go with that option. If there are any other 24v 3000w inverters you can recommend that would be worth saving some dollars purchasing let me know!

That is actually a very good deal for a Victron Multiplus 3kW, and it is much higher quality (the product and the company) than Renogy.

As for if the cost is justified, that would depend on what your needs and use-case is and what the cost and quality of the Renogy is (Renogy is a well marketed brand, not a manufacturer so there products come from different OEM's). If it were me I would go with the Victron for that price, hands down, Unless my budget was tight or my needs were minimal.

It is worth mentioning in case you overlooked this, that your 12v Renogy inverter and 24v Victron inverter are not interchangeable, unless you are planning to upgrade your system to 24v.

Haha well of course! I was just curious if there might have been any other inverters in between the two worth considering.

There are possibly some choices in between worth considering, but that really depends on your needs and priorities, and what you are looking for. It sounds like your Renogy still works, why are you upgrading? moving from 12v to 24v?

I’ve not used anything from Renogy but solar panels, which worked well. Customer service was incredibly bad, though, and I actually ended up purchasing the panels through Home Depot after months of problems with ordering direct from Renogy. That experience put me off using them for anything else.

On the other hand, I do have the Victron MultiPlus 24/3000, purchased through BattleBorn Batteries. It has worked incredibly well, programs for a nearly infinite combination of operational settings, and is built for the long haul. I’d have no hesitation buying more Victron gear... it has all been top shelf.

I am deciding between sticking with a 12v Renogy 3000w inverter I already ordered or getting the Victron Multiplus 3000w 24v. The Multiplus is $1,027 at Inverter supply right now which is why I am tempted to bite the bullet and go with that option. If there are any other 24v 3000w inverters you can recommend that would be worth saving some dollars purchasing let me know!
I think that price is for the 230V output version, so make sure you can use it instead of the 120V version.

Are you in Europe? The $1027 Multiplus 24/3000 for sale on the Inverter Supply website is the European spec version.

I wish Inverter Supply had some kind of filtering function on their website.

This is the one you need in North America.

Back