diy solar

diy solar

Sigineer buyer beware

Austin68

So this is just my experience but don't ever buy Sigineer products. I bought one of their charge controllers with dual trackers. Tracker number 1 wasn't working, it showed volts but no amps. After three weeks of emails and a video of the issue they insisted it wasn't something that happened in shipping and they wanted me to take the controller apart. To my surprise the inductor on tracker one wasn't even attached to the pcb, it was just sitting loosely inside. They asked me to solder it back on and would send me instructions on how to do this. Taking the pcb out it doesn't look like it was ever soldered on to begin with. It seems they are doing everything they can to prevent covering this under warranty.

Attachments

• 20220323_155729[1].jpg
    20220323_155729[1].jpg
    151 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220324_133740[1].jpg
    20220324_133740[1].jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220324_135308[1].jpg
    20220324_135308[1].jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 25
I'm open to doing board replacements but I video everything. Even if you can easily do the work you always run the risk of some other issue occuring. Then I have experienced this in the past is they pivot to you are now the problem. Just something to keep in mind if you do the repair.

I'm open to doing board replacements but I video everything. Even if you can easily do the work you always run the risk of some other issue occuring. Then I have experienced this in the past is they pivot to you are now the problem. Just something to keep in mind if you do the repair.
I suck at soldering, but at this point its either attempt it or have only a half working product.

I could understand saying hey replace this board, here's the part, unscrew this, unplug that, swap, done. But to tell a customer to do some soldering to fix their flub is a little bit... much?

I wonder about other bad soldering/not soldered at other locations and at other boards as well.

Back