diy solar

diy solar

SigmaMax 6048 6Kw hybrid solar power inverter, anyone?

Troady

Hi guys, i was looking in Amazon at equipment to build my first system and came against this hybrid inverter from SPS, weird is that it doesn`t have any reviews at all.
It can be because it`s new and nobody knows it, don`t know nothing about the company who made them.
The Sigma 6048 looks like a very nice piece of hardware to own, will appreciate the opinion of anyone of you having one or if somebody have take a look at it, let me know what you think of it. Don`t want to make a $1400 mistake if i can avoid it. Also a similar 6Kw equipment with similar caracteristcs well known by the forum will do.

The idea behind it, it is to use it like a transfer switch, using solar and batteries when possible and in those days of cloud and rain when solar energy trickle, using the inverter a little bit to recharge the batteries out of the grid. Also if there is a extra need of power like in summer 100 degrees days here in South Florida when batteries can`t supply all needed current, to let the inverter do the hard work for few hours at a time while recharging batteries. It take also input power from generator, in case of hurricanes with no power and cloudy days, it can be useful.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks to you all, especially Will.
Will, you are one of a kind, not many people walking around in this planet like you. God bless you and your family.

Link to unit in Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NB1WWVY/

Last edited:
Back