diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Chargeverter Important Feature Request

So far, we've seen the following issues & feature requests for the Chargeverter:
1. Bracket holding the modules needs strengthening
2. Issue with display tilting (adhesive/heat issue)
3. Request for current ramping up to set value

Did I miss any? Would be great if they could address them all.

As long as we are dreaming...

My biggest gripe with the chargeverter is that there is no way to control settings through RS485. In the not-to-distant future, we here in California will need to absorb as much grid-tied solar as we can before exporting it for little/no credit. The Victron Multiplus II as well as Schneider Conext XW+ allow a PLC-based smartmeter to modulate AC charging power / current through RS485/Modbus commands and all the chargeverter needs is some way to control charging power / current remotely through RS485 to be a much more cost-effective (and modular) solution to achieve the same capability...

As long as we are dreaming...

My biggest gripe with the chargeverter is that there is no way to control settings through RS485. In the not-to-distant future, we here in California will need to absorb as much grid-tied solar as we can before exporting it for little/no credit. The Victron Multiplus II as well as Schneider Conext XW+ allow a PLC-based smartmeter to modulate AC charging power / current through RS485/Modbus commands and all the chargeverter needs is some way to control charging power / current remotely through RS485 to be a much more cost-effective (and modular) solution to achieve the same capability...
Yeah, that’s what I really wanted.

Yeah, that’s what I really wanted.
If enough of us lobby FilterGuy, perhaps he’ll raise the suggestion in his next strategy session with Signature Solar ;).

Once you’ve gone to the trouble of making a battery charger programmable, the incremental effort and cost to allow that programmability to be controlled remotely (RS485 or WiFi) is very small and the value / utility in terms of unlocking adaptive control is enormous…

My CV ramps when running on 120V.
If I remember right, it comes on full power on 240V.

Last edited:
Wondering if the chargeverter retains its setting (charging current, voltage) when the AC power turned off?
I want to use a timer to control when to charge batteries from the grid.
Yes it does.

As for the timer...I recommend a 40 amp two pole contactor with a 120v coil...use a wifi 120v outlet to activate the contactor.

I'd like to see a 12/24 volt version. Hard to find large chargers like that. Even at the smaller wattages those lower voltages would put out they would still be very useful.

Back