diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Customer Service

there self inflected do to there lack of knowledge.
The main reason I'm anti-signature solar is because they sell low quality inverters. I don't even want to buy equipment at the same store as you basically.

I enjoyed the excellent skills that you displayed when you called them out. That'll really show them...

When something is DOA, Should be replaced with out any bull shit to go through. I'm still pissed off on the way they handled my battery charger, I was probably the first to complain.
Also with my 12k Growatt shutting down for no reason. Needed a firmware update for the fan lock shutting it down. Never got a response yet today after two years. Thanks to this forum it was fixed.
I do understand the there profit margin must be minimal. When a lot of people call in for problems, there self inflected do to there lack of knowledge. They can problem only have a support team so big or the prices will have to go up. I do like the cheaper price, but god dam, If it is dead on arrival. have them send it back and replace it as fast a possible.
I do understand this opinion. But you have to realize, not everyone that has "DOA" equipment is as knowledgeable and skilled as the well informed users that are on this forum. We deal with people every single day that claim to have a DOA unit then after 10 min of troubleshooting everything is working as advertised. So when someone calls in with the "DOA" claim, there is a process we must go through to make sure that we are not just dealing with an application error. I also understand that the majority of people with these issues are Licensed Electricians or Electrical Engineers and there is no way they could have possibly made a mistake when they commissioned their system. (Again, everyone on the forum is obviously excluded from this) But we have to cover our bases too. It's just not practical to bring a unit back without troubleshooting to an extent. I understand the frustration when the unit actually is DOA, but very rarely is that actually the case. I know it seems like BS, but in order to maintain the lowest prices in the industry, we have to go through this process. I can't tell you how many times we get a call about an inverter tripping someone's system and when we get them on the phone it turns out their only source of power is an extension cord with the female end cut off running from a wall plug to the AC in.

The real issue per my experience with both a new EG4 6000EX inverter and four new 48v EG4 Lifepower4 batteries is quality control/ quality assurance. I have had good communication with Ben and Signature Solar thus far - and I can see that they are making a real effort towards good customer service - but of course I'm still waiting to hear back from "Tier 2" support on the faulty BMS on one of the new Lifepower4 batteries and a resolution to the EG4 6000EX issues. Not catching these sort of issues before shipment to customers becomes costly in both reputation and $$. Given that Signature Solar appears to have quite a large operation state side, seems like it might be far less costly for them in the long run to do a final quality check on high ticket items before they are sent out to customers.

This thread originated back in April. In the past few months we have changed our process in order to be more respectful of the customers needs as well as their time. Taking care of these issues as quickly and efficiently as possible is a commitment that we have made and intend to stand by going forward.

I found this thread today because I am currently frustrated with SS's customer service.

I'm currently 3+ weeks into trying to replace a clearly defective EG4-LL and I feel like the entire process has been anything but respectful of my needs or time. It has definitely not been quick or efficient. I've had routinely hour+ hold times, an 11 day wait to get passed to Tier 2 service, unanswered emails, hoop after hoop after hoop to jump through before getting a replacement approved despite the fact that the problem was pretty obvious and the Tier 1 tech I spoke with correctly diagnosed the problem in the first 5 minutes on the phone, and now an extended and unnecessarily difficult process trying to get a replacement actually sent out.

I like my batteries in general but this is abysmal warranty support for a battery less than a year old.

I found this thread today because I am currently frustrated with SS's customer service.

I'm currently 3+ weeks into trying to replace a clearly defective EG4-LL and I feel like the entire process has been anything but respectful of my needs or time. It has definitely not been quick or efficient. I've had routinely hour+ hold times, an 11 day wait to get passed to Tier 2 service, unanswered emails, hoop after hoop after hoop to jump through before getting a replacement approved despite the fact that the problem was pretty obvious and the Tier 1 tech I spoke with correctly diagnosed the problem in the first 5 minutes on the phone, and now an extended and unnecessarily difficult process trying to get a replacement actually sent out.

I like my batteries in general but this is abysmal warranty support for a battery less than a year old.
Could you DM me your email address so I can see what is going on with the process

Could you DM me your email address so I can see what is going on with the process

Ben, I am pleased to report that as of an hour ago, the problem is finally solved and my replacement battery has been moved to "shipped" status. After continuing to wait with the weekend looming and still no sign of the promised link from the resolutions department so that I could place an order for a replacement battery, I decided to just order it outright and ask them to just reimburse shipping as well as the battery itself. At the last minute I used the sales chat because I had a question about the shipping options, and unlike the support communications, that was answered within a minute or two.

Payge answered my question quickly and clearly, but then went above and beyond. When I thanked her and briefly explained the situation I was dealing with, she took the initiative to ask me to wait while she investigated. She personally contacted the resolutions department and got me the link I had been waiting for them to send me so that I could place the order for the replacement the correct way, waited while I placed the order, and then said, "I will chat our shipping department and see if we can get this pushed out." Less than 2 hours later my battery changed to "shipped" status.

She really went out of her way to get things finally moving, even though I know she works in sales rather than support -- contacting the other departments for me was definitely above and beyond her normal job, I'm sure. She took me from "stuck in limbo" to "shipped" in under 2 hours and was 1000% the most helpful person I had spoken to in a month.

Hopefully the battery will get here quickly, the return of the defective battery will also go quickly, and the reimbursement process will not take too long.

Last edited:
Man, I'm seeing a lot of issues here about SS. I'm looking to buy their new 280ah batteries but I'm thinking I should buy fun Sovereign solar instead of SigSolar???

They both seem to get the parts from Greentech in Arlington.

Ben, I am pleased to report that as of an hour ago, the problem is finally solved and my replacement battery has been moved to "shipped" status. After continuing to wait with the weekend looming and still no sign of the promised link from the resolutions department so that I could place an order for a replacement battery, I decided to just order it outright and ask them to just reimburse shipping as well as the battery itself. At the last minute I used the sales chat because I had a question about the shipping options, and unlike the support communications, that was answered within a minute or two.

Payge answered my question quickly and clearly, but then went above and beyond. When I thanked her and briefly explained the situation I was dealing with, she took the initiative to ask me to wait while she investigated. She personally contacted the resolutions department and got me the link I had been waiting for them to send me so that I could place the order for the replacement the correct way, waited while I placed the order, and then said, "I will chat our shipping department and see if we can get this pushed out." Less than 2 hours later my battery changed to "shipped" status.

She really went out of her way to get things finally moving, even though I know she works in sales rather than support -- contacting the other departments for me was definitely above and beyond her normal job, I'm sure. She took me from "stuck in limbo" to "shipped" in under 2 hours and was 1000% the most helpful person I had spoken to in a month.

Hopefully the battery will get here quickly, the return of the defective battery will also go quickly, and the reimbursement process will not take too long.
And maybe you'll use her to buy your next item?

Ugh.

This is such a simple fix. Guy has a problem with his inverter. Send it back and cross-ship him a new inverter unit when they come in stock or send him a working unit in your labs. Then they can repair that broken inverter and sell later as a refurb unit. Why is this so hard?

Instead of having a happy customer, they now have a guy complaining on the DIY Forums that hundreds of other potential customers are now seeing.
100% THIS!!! All these are turning me off a bit. I mean I know that complaints are more often placed over positives. It isn't THAT you have an issue as much as HOW you deal with it. I'm seeing a pattern that if you have an issue ypu have to be a very vocal detractor to get a decent resolution.

Yes, it sounds like you eventually get taken care of but, it seems to bring a lot of pain.

Last edited:
Man, I'm seeing a lot of issues here about SS. I'm looking to buy their new 280ah batteries but I'm thinking I should buy fun Sovereign solar instead of SigSolar???

They both seem to get the parts from Greentech in Arlington.
Neither place gets the products from Greentech, actually. Signature Solar buys direct from EG4 and Sovereign purchases from Signature Solar.

I can tell you for sure that there are a lot more success stories than negatives with signature. The 280Ah batteries will be a game changer. Not just because I'm biased, but these batteries are an incredible product.

Neither place gets the products from Greentech, actually. Signature Solar buys direct from EG4 and Sovereign purchases from Signature Solar.

I can tell you for sure that there are a lot more success stories than negatives with signature. The 280Ah batteries will be a game changer. Not just because I'm biased, but these batteries are an incredible product.
Thanks Ben. I know that you see more complaints than praise on forums like this.

I can tell and separate between the customer's that are never happy and those who truly have a valid reason to be upset and frustrated.

I just heard back from my inverter company who confirmed some things and now I'm just waiting for availability before I place my order as I don't want 12 to 16 grand on my card while I wait for shipment in 60 days.

Thanks Ben. I know that you see more complaints than praise on forums like this.

I can tell and separate between the customer's that are never happy and those who truly have a valid reason to be upset and frustrated.

I just heard back from my inverter company who confirmed some things and now I'm just waiting for availability before I place my order as I don't want 12 to 16 grand on my card while I wait for shipment in 60 days.
What inverter are you going with?

What inverter are you going with?
Dual Solark 15ks. I was all set to go with SOK when you announced your batt and current connected went totally dark. No one answered their sales or suppory phones or emails and during my 2 weeks of waiting for them, your 14.2kw dropped. It was THEN I saw your 18k but already ordered my sol arks.

I was worried about the comms as i really want closed loop. I need that wall mount vs rack as racks take up a ton of room. And I like the fire suppression, UL listing, amphenol connectors etc.

Dual Solark 15ks. I was all set to go with SOK when you announced your batt and current connected went totally dark. No one answered their sales or suppory phones or emails and during my 2 weeks of waiting for them, your 14.2kw dropped. It was THEN I saw your 18k but already ordered my sol arks.

I was worried about the comms as i really want closed loop. I need that wall mount vs rack as racks take up a ton of room. And I like the fire suppression, UL listing, amphenol connectors etc.
Sounds like the Power Pro batteries would meet your needs really well. If you pull the trigger on them, please share your experience!

Sounds like the Power Pro batteries would meet your needs really well. If you pull the trigger on them, please share your experience!
I certainly will!! I'd order now but would rather not have 20k ony credit card for a month while I wait 60 days for shipping.

You have been excellent to work with, Ben. What do you do for SS?

I certainly will!! I'd order now but would rather not have 20k ony credit card for a month while I wait 60 days for shipping.

You have been excellent to work with, Ben. What do you do for SS?
That really depends on your usage case. If you are going to grid tie and need AHJ sign off, then yes it is probably better to wait on the fully certified version of the unit. However, if you have an off grid application you can get the exact same battery right away. It just won't have the UL stamps.

I work with the sales and customer support teams. That, and I try to keep an eye on the forum to help in the event of negative customer experiences.

That really depends on your usage case. If you are going to grid tie and need AHJ sign off, then yes it is probably better to wait on the fully certified version of the unit. However, if you have an off grid application you can get the exact same battery right away. It just won't have the UL stamps.

I work with the sales and customer support teams. That, and I try to keep an eye on the forum to help in the event of negative customer experiences.
Well, sir. I can tell you are in the sales game, I run a sales team, and you are good and keeping detractors from detracting more.

If this stuff wasn't so expensive, I doubt it would be so polarized. People.dont just have 20k laying around to just Oops away.

I will be doing grid tie soon and will want the certs. I waited this long... lol

Thanks again, Ben!! Srsly. Thanks

Isn't EG4 owned by the same guy that owns SS?

I ordered 10 solar panels from Signature Solar on the 11th of Oct 2023. They were delivered today Oct 17 2023 with free shipping and is why I ordered them now.. It took 6 days to receive them from day of order, yap 6 days not bad at all. There the Q-Cells. I only order the minimum amount each time, period. I unloaded the tractor trailer on the road as usual with skid steer with my forks. Took them down my lane approx 950' to my barn to look them over. I took several pictures of the way it was packaged. It was well packaged with extra strapping, more than my other past panel shipments had. I parked the skid next to the big tractor wheel and positioned skid steer on other side to control any possible fall of the panels from unstrapping them to inspect. They were all in perfect new condition. This is my 3rd order of panels from TX to OH, in the past 2 years where there has never been an issue. I have order over 30k from them and there has never been any shipping issues yet. When I received my 18KPV a while back is the only part received where there could have been a complaint if I wonted to press it where after unboxing the unit there is a smudge/dent in the program screen from the factory. It would have been hard to prove the factory did it and it did not affect the function so I'm using it as it is and working fine. The papers that came with the panel package showed they have several checks of the shipment before it leaves there place, so I figure they are trying too make sure there packages are being properly packaged. Complaints seem to stand out and raise fire with others so it is only fair to read compliments as well.

Back