diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar EG4 24V / 40A Battery Charger

RogerD

I watched Will's video on signature solar rack batteries and saw they had chargers.

They claim to be 95% efficient. While I haven't looked in a while. I don't know of any chargers that are that efficient.

Does anyone have their 24V / 40A charger and can confirm it's really that efficient?

I watched Will's video on signature solar rack batteries and saw they had chargers.

They claim to be 95% efficient. While I haven't looked in a while. I don't know of any chargers that are that efficient.

Does anyone have their 24V / 40A charger and can confirm it's really that efficient?

I can't say specifically on that unit, but I'm accustomed to that number. Meanwell makes a lot of power supplies and chargers of varying voltages and currents, and "95% efficient" is on every datasheet.

If you're experience is more with RV AC-DC converters, yeah... 85-90% is the best you can hope for.

Yeah I used a watt meter and got 94.5% efficiency. I couldn't believe it. I should redo the test with my new test equipment and a nice shunt.

Most are 80%. Even my favorite variable current aims power charger. Sadly.

Yeah I used a watt meter and got 94.5% efficiency. I couldn't believe it. I should redo the test with my new test equipment and a nice shunt.

Most are 80%. Even my favorite variable current aims power charger. Sadly.
Yea, I was really skeptical. That's so cool.

Is this the correct affiliate link for you?

Back