diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar EG4 6.5K Off-Grid Inverter | 6500EX-48

Just ordered 2 ... along with 12 more 330 watt panels. :). That along with my 80k battery bank should do me for awhile.

This is for completely OFF GRID use, so feeding back to the grid is not something I need to worry about.

Roy

Our thinking here was as follows:

-Throwing away the combiner boxes and using half sized wire can save at least $1k on a 10+kW system (Plus time/labor)

-The MC4 pv inputs are gone per NEC code for passing permit in most locations

-The EG4 battery comms are native

-Warranty repair and parts based in Texas

-Lifepower4 + this unit is UL1973 and UL 1741 so more people will be able to build these systems in more places with the grid as a "standby power source".

Our thinking here was as follows:

-Throwing away the combiner boxes and using half sized wire can save at least $1k on a 10+kW system (Plus time/labor)

-The MC4 pv inputs are gone per NEC code for passing permit in most locations

-The EG4 battery comms are native

-Warranty repair and parts based in Texas

-Lifepower4 + this unit is UL1973 and UL 1741 so more people will be able to build these systems in more places with the grid as a "standby power source".
The last item - warranty parts based in Texas is the most significant.
You'll sell tons of these.

Since I still have to do a 6x2 array. (45.83 Voc / 9.27 Isc panels) I still need to combiner box. However I am not sure.. Might be able to get away with just using a single MC4 branch. 600v Voc would have perfect. (But this is close enough I guess).

Though the new panels I just got are 10.37 Isc .. and a 6x2 string puts me over the 18A max of the MPPT input.

Whats the headroom on the MPPT input? The MPP one could handle 18A, but was told 21A would be fine.

I would like this to go week [jesus-edit-well] for you guys. Please throw some customer service weight behind it.

What’s the deal with mc4 an UL? New to me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dang, already paid $4000+ for 2 of the MPPs. Patience is a virtue, lol

I would like this to go week for you guys. Please throw some customer service weight behind it.

Thanks
We are here and Signature Solar is ready for answering a lot of questions.
And have you sent Will one yet? Thanks
Yep his video is up!
I would like this to go week for you guys. Please throw some customer service weight behind it.

Thanks
Yep, no MC4 to inverter connections allowed for UL systems.

Back