diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar EG4-LL 400ah (12V) Server Rack Battery Issue???

As James said, we are taking the steps to ensure everyone has a working device and working directly with several people. To date every capacity test we have run has shown 200a, but we definitely want to help those who aren’t experiencing the same results.

As James said, we are taking the steps to ensure everyone has a working device and working directly with several people. To date every capacity test we have run has shown 200a, but we definitely want to help those who aren’t experiencing the same results.
Where there any changes made to the 12v 400ah server rack battery that might have fixed this issue. I’d like to take advantage of the $100 flat rate shipping right now but keep psyching myself out with bad reviews/issues on this battery bms. Can’t decide between two 206ah SOK or 1 400ah SS server rack battery.

So no changes have been made to the 12v server rack battery in the last 6 months?
Multiple changes have been made, 350A max for 30 sec instead of 200a for 10s, helps with the older style inverters like victron a lot, we did a demo with every victron 12v inverter on them, the only thing is that 1 pack can do 2500w continuous. So 3000w 12v needs 2 packs unless you only want the 30s surge

Multiple changes have been made, 350A max for 30 sec instead of 200a for 10s, helps with the older style inverters like victron a lot, we did a demo with every victron 12v inverter on them, the only thing is that 1 pack can do 2500w continuous. So 3000w 12v needs 2 packs unless you only want the 30s surge
Sounds awesome. So the max continuous discharge is ~200a now? Information I wish I had yesterday. Oh well

New guy... first post... be gentle

I've run into a couple issues with my install as welI. Even with zero loads, I'd get the click and failure to start. I overcame that start-up issue by powering up 2 batteries at a time.

The issue I'm having now is when the inverter/charger switches from charging to inverting; the entire system shuts down. My idle amperage draw is only 3 amps (assuming the residential refrigerator compressor isn't running balls out). I'm assuming the surge is more than all 4 can handle. I've found that if I idle my engine and support the system with DC/DC charging (2 Victron 12/12-30s in parallel) that it will switch without crashing but, what a nuisance.

Please note that I HAVE NOT completely cycled my setup nor done the new firmware update as the system was only completed last weekend. I did dry camp in a parking lot for 2 days and was quite impressed. My wife was drying her hair, my daughter was toasting an english muffin, and I decided it would be fun to warm up my coffee in the microwave (see image)... 314 amps for close to a minute without so much as a flicker from the LED lights.

Attachments

• IMG-3517.PNG
    IMG-3517.PNG
    337.3 KB · Views: 3
New guy... first post... be gentle

I've run into a couple issues with my install as welI. Even with zero loads, I'd get the click and failure to start. I overcame that start-up issue by powering up 2 batteries at a time.

The issue I'm having now is when the inverter/charger switches from charging to inverting; the entire system shuts down. My idle amperage draw is only 3 amps (assuming the residential refrigerator compressor isn't running balls out). I'm assuming the surge is more than all 4 can handle. I've found that if I idle my engine and support the system with DC/DC charging (2 Victron 12/12-30s in parallel) that it will switch without crashing but, what a nuisance.

Please note that I HAVE NOT completely cycled my setup nor done the new firmware update as the system was only completed last weekend. I did dry camp in a parking lot for 2 days and was quite impressed. My wife was drying her hair, my daughter was toasting an english muffin, and I decided it would be fun to warm up my coffee in the microwave (see image)... 314 amps for close to a minute without so much as a flicker from the LED lights.

Awesome

I'll talk with the tech you worked with this morning - just to verify how many cycles have you put the batteries through. When they ship - the SOC doesn't account for discharge while idle, so sometimes it takes a few cycles for the SOC to re-balance and show correctly, but again normally that is fixed after a few full charge/discharge cycles. The way that shipping lanes right now are is causing batteries to sit in port longer than normal so this is an issue many manufacturers are dealing with. The BMS password he provided is for our other manufacturer (the one you PM'd me) so I'll get with him to correct that. What amperage does your AC pull? I wouldn't recommend bypassing the BMS, it's there for many reasons but want to help. I'll respond to your PM regarding all the questions you brought up.
I receive my EG4 12V 400Ah and having some weird things happening but will do more tests. This is the first time I have been on this site (here) and really like it. I think there is fix for everything. My reason for this first post here is: The unit came in with 3 of the four lights, fine. I am using, initially, the Victron charger IP65 ... The control of the voltages are not near what the SS EG4 states ... I can't figure bulk on the charger because there is no such field. ... Anyway, you state to fully discharge and recharge. I don't have a facility to ramp and drain and fill this. Can I just let the Victron finish and go into storage mode... (which right now I set up to 13.8) and then take the charger off and run things for a few days as normal, i.e. lights and ham radio etc. and will the EG4 just shut off itself. Then recharge the 400Ah system (I only have 15am right now), and do this how many times? I had a super weir issue this morning but have so much to do to "catch up" with ya'll here. Am I to put the pc 6" away from the EG4 to connect into it?

I sent a Direct Message to @SignatureSolarChris and @SignatureSolarJames @BenFromSignatureSolar @SignatureSolarTech

I'm having the BMS alarm issues with a 12V - 400Ah Lifepower battery I bought back in January '23. And just installed a month ago.
I have 3000W Victron Multiplus.
The BMS trips on roof AC startup. I've seen 191 DC amps continuous from the battery, but even solo, the AC unit, which draws about 120amps DC @ steady state trips the BMS. This is even after installing a Spartan Energy soft start unit on the Dometic Mach roof AC unit.

I'd appreciate help in getting this resolved.
Thank you,

Doug

I sent a Direct Message to @SignatureSolarChris and @SignatureSolarJames @BenFromSignatureSolar @SignatureSolarTech

I'm having the BMS alarm issues with a 12V - 400Ah Lifepower battery I bought back in January '23. And just installed a month ago.
I have 3000W Victron Multiplus.
The BMS trips on roof AC startup. I've seen 191 DC amps continuous from the battery, but even solo, the AC unit, which draws about 120amps DC @ steady state trips the BMS. This is even after installing a Spartan Energy soft start unit on the Dometic Mach roof AC unit.

I'd appreciate help in getting this resolved.
Thank you,

Doug
I have a team member reaching out to you via email.

Back