diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar - Freight Standard Service - 18-wheeler

z_zk_z

Why doesn't Signature Solar web site mention that they use an 18-wheeler for standard freight service (R&L)? My dead-end street has a turn that makes it almost impossible for an 18-wheeler to turn around. I paid more for FedEx priority freight and Signature Solar decided to do partial shipment (1st shipment using FedEx) and remainder using R&L. I am now waiting for R&L to put my stuff on a smaller truck and they are angry that the Signature Solar didn't mention to them not to use an 18-wheeler. I am not even going to mention about my electronic order and its condition while waiting. Who runs Signature Solar? How many times a day do they ship stuff? They really need to take a break and look at their operation or otherwise more and more people will start purchasing from other sources.

I ship for a living. The company only uses R & L when it is a Freight item. So when you are creating a Bol you have the option for residential limited access and lift gate at delivery. Signature solar probably checked both of those boxes when creating the Freight ticket.
That is standard for R & L to hand it off to smaller box trucks with liftgates for people in limited access areas.
If you paid for FedEx and got Freight and did not have to pay for it that is probably a good thing as a small pallet is $300 minimum Guaranteed with that company. Depending on where it is going could be a lot more

Also any time you go to check out on signature solar you have to actually agree to the freight terms. The only reason I remember this is because it was kind of annoying I kept forgetting to check the box. Even if it is not a freight shipment that you order you still I have to check the box and acknowledge you read the freight agreement.

Umm, that is standard freight (LTL) stuff. You've got to request a lift gate or inform them of special circumstances. From the sound of it this isn't Signature Solar's fault. You are the one receiving frieght. You know what your street looks like, not Signature Solar.

It doesn't make sense to split up a two pallet order between two different carriers, unless the second was drop shipped from a second location. Maybe they didn't have an option.

I see you have started two different threads complaining about Signature Solar within 15 minutes.

Consider keeping it in one thread ?
Two different unrelated topics. 1-shipping issue, 2-not being able to find product data sheet

Minor issues in the grand scheme of things that can go wrong during shipping equipment like this.
I am also pretty sure if you had called and asked tech support for a copy of the manual they would have emailed you one within minutes.

I've purchased 9 Lifepower4 EG4 48v Batteries from them along with 3 short Racks. I live on a dead end gravel road. I ended up having it all shipped to a friends home in town. Got a automated phone call from ABF Freight 45 minutes ahead of their arrival. Met them there and transferred batteries and racks to my truck. Was fairly easy as the ABF truck had the lift gate.

Be Sure to plan ahead!!!

they showed up at my 200ft driveway and just left the solar panels there next to the mail box without waiting for me to check it for damage. What if they were damaged?

I would think that if you did not sign for your panels then the delivery company would be on the hook!!!
I had to sign stating that my batteries and racks were received from ABF in good condition.
i thought about telling them i didn't get the panels, but I'm an honest guy......

It's not like I wasn't home...no one knocked. Too lazy to walk 200ft i guess.

they showed up at my 200ft driveway and just left the solar panels there next to the mail box without waiting for me to check it for damage. What if they were damaged?
Hell if I were that driver I would have just spun that truck around and backed in a lousy 200ft.

Wife gets pallets of stuff for her work about monthly. Most of the time they call ahead but every once in a while they don't. They then end up having to call me anyways because they're not getting an 18 wheeler up my driveway (too many trees). But when they call I meet them in the back of the subdivision that surrounds us and they just pallet jack the load onto my flattbed truck.

Wife gets pallets of stuff for her work about monthly. Most of the time they call ahead but every once in a while they don't. They then end up having to call me anyways because they're not getting an 18 wheeler up my driveway (too many trees). But when they call I meet them in the back of the subdivision that surrounds us and they just pallet jack the load onto my flattbed truck.
That's what I wanted to do...so i don't have to haul 14 solar panels into the truck bed, one at a time. It's what I ended up doing...

Back