diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar LifePower4 Battery - BMS Monitoring tool

jeremyee

Having trouble finding a application to monitor a new LifePower4 Batter via rs485. Does anyone know of something that will run on windows, linux / Pi that can log BMS data? I am using Victron but I can't find anything that allows communication from the Cebro GX to the BMS. Just upgraded today from AGM and would like to see the data in Victron, Home Assistant or some custom app on a Pi.

Signature Solar provides a mini-cd with battery (at least they did with mine) which contains a pc program called bms.test. That program allows you to monitor cell voltages with provided rs485/usb cable.

Signature Solar provides a mini-cd with battery (at least they did with mine) which contains a pc program called bms.test. That program allows you to monitor cell voltages with provided rs485/usb cable.
I just got the usb to 485 adapter in today and I can get the reading from the battery. Do you know what the password is for the history? I had an odd event where it went into a disconnect status / alarm and I can't figure out why.

No password provided in documentation. I suspect you'd have to get it from SSolar. They would likely only provide one if it is restricted to read-only history info.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to change the AH rating of the battery with the software? Or maybe it is possible by unlocking the software or perhaps different software all together that works with the this battery!?!

There is currently no "write" level access to the included BMS that I am aware of, but you can view the overall battery condition with Solar Assistant.

I’m asking because I would have liked to purchase one of the 48v models, toss my current BMS setup, and wire in my existing battery. However it would not make sense to really do that in my opinion unless I was able to reconfigure the battery size in the BMS.

Thank you for the reply @jberger!

Back