diy solar

diy solar

Simple? Blue Sea ML-RBS ElectroDacus BMS Driver Circuit Experiment

Danny

Solar Enthusiast
Another Blue Sea ML-RBS Circuit Experiment. In this video, I make a modification to the very simple and brilliant SY Destiny circuit in order to interface with the ElectoDacus TLP187 Optocouplers 150ma max. I needed to use an off the shelf $6.00 12v 4 x relay module triggered on the low side and I needed to add 1 PNP transistor. The relay module will also drive shut off on many devices in the boat so I hopefully will not need to switch the battery off with the ML-RBS. This is experimental at this point. Comments are welcome since this is on my bench no and not on the boat.
. I'm going do a few microprocessor experiments next.

I just made a discovery. The Blue Sea ML-RBS 7700 only takes 7mA of current on the signal wires. It is the red wire that takes all the current. This means that most optocouplers can drive these circuits if they have 10ma available. Here is my video of the testing I did.

That's great news, I placed a comment on your videos about using timer delay relay set to Single Shot to turn on the ML-RBS and single shot trailing edge to trigger relay off.
Now wondering if the Close can be wired straight from the SBMS0 and the open use the single shot trailing edge.

I just made a discovery. The Blue Sea ML-RBS 7700 only takes 7mA of current on the signal wires. It is the red wire that takes all the current. This means that most optocouplers can drive these circuits if they have 10ma available. Here is my video of the testing I did.
looking at using the same 24v remote battery switch. so i can just couple the signal wire from a positive supply through the sbms0 and done?

Use the 7713 model as it is latching and doesn't need the pulsed drive circuit. Works great as a BMS main contactor.

Back