diy solar

diy solar

Simplefied BMS that integrates with chargers/investers?

walter-

Is there a BMS that integrates with an inverter but is only checking SOC? And not checking the individual cells?

Reason; most of the BMSs -like 16S- don't support a dedicated list of inverters. But they work fine to monitor cells, do some balancing and protect the battery against over/under voltage/currents...
An approach could be to use such a standard BMS for the battery and a second BMS that only based on SOC instructs the charger what to do. The second BMS could then also handle multiple packs in parallel.

And with integrate with an inverter, I mean on the level/quality that Batrium does who list a clear list of supported inverters (something I don't find with the cheaper BMSs).

Is there a BMS that integrates with an inverter but is only checking SOC? And not checking the individual cells?

<snip>

And with integrate with an inverter, I mean on the level/quality that Batrium does who list a clear list of supported inverters (something I don't find with the cheaper BMSs).

This requirement disqualifies anything along those lines.

Note that there is progress on feeding JBD, DALY and other BMS to Victron and other inverters.

Something like a Victron BMV-702 or BMV-712 can open/close a relay based on SoC, voltage and temperature limits. This can be used to feed a signal to to an inverter or a control coil on a relay.

I am looking for integration with Inverters, not standalone stuff. So I keep looking ;-).

Somehow the Victron Lynx Shunt VE.Can seems to be an answer to this question. But that is then a lock-in into the Victron system.

Actually here is the solution to my question, with the Victron shunt, but without the Victro lock-in;

Back