diy solar

diy solar

Sine Wave Inverters & Drill Chargers Oh My 2.01

irishjohn

I seem to be leaving some of the steps I took out when explaining the problems I've been having with the Inverters & the two diffetent drill chargers.

first off I'm only having the problem with the two Makita brand Chargers....
And with Makita Chargers the inverter is already on and humming along "at the begining of the 1/4 mile racing strip" (Caps Charged & The 440-cu in Is Ready To Go).
The drill charger is also plugged in with the "staging lights glowing" (Ready To Go).
Its just when you plug-in the "3000ma" (3-Amp) battery pack (Tried All Three Battery Packs) that things become interesting.
With the AMS 180-Watt, it'll start to charge for about 2 to 3-Seconds worth before the cadmium control rods shuts down the reactor heh-heh.
but as I wrote earlier, when I stepped up to the 500-Watt inverter the charger will then give you somewhere between 8 to 15-seconds of "watch those blinking lights" (Normal Operation) before it leaves you doing "Kumbaya in the dark" (Goes Out To Lunch On You).

But plug in the mighty 1000-Watt and your problems fade away like the time I borrowed my friends twin turboed Kawasaki 1000 when I left a highway patrol officer behind me in the dust a while back "hummm" (That Would Be A 60-Cycle Humm Not A 50-Cycle One BTW)!
John

Back