diy solar

diy solar

Singularity Prepping?

Good thing they were tested by an independant 3rd party then... You can Download the Testing report here. Sounds like, from a post above, some are expecting another round of testing soon courtesy of the DPRK.

The DUT was tested with power applied and real/simulated loads attached. Only the DUT was exposed to the pulse, 50 kV/m and 100 kV/m, peaking in 5 ns. The support equipment was outside the test cell.

What is lacking is the effect of distributed PV panels and wires exposed the the EM fields (and any house wiring.) Protection on those would be key. Maybe my sand-filled Delta "varistors" would be good for that; they sure aren't for anything less.
Otherwise, this report only assures you that a spare inverter should be able to survive without requiring a Faraday Cage. (Good thing my pallet of Sunny Island included four spares)

...Better hurry then. I'm pretty sure my amp hours are decreasing each day I'm alive.
Mine leaks a few times a day...

...What is lacking is the effect of distributed PV panels and wires exposed the the EM fields (and any house wiring.) Protection on those would be key.
Not a 3rd party report, but Sol-Ark has tested panels/wiring; their videos are fun and educational:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Not a 3rd party report, but Sol-Ark has tested panels/wiring; their videos are fun and educational:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

That's much better.

I noticed they put a piece of cardboard over their proprietary EMP protection for PV panels.
Probably just a varistor, don't want us to buy our own for $0.64 each

Could be installed inside each junction box.
Also a bunch in parallel (of suitable higher voltage for the string) at inverter, and in AC line.
I'm planning to do that to make up for the shortcoming of my sand-filled Delta "varistor" spark-gap lightning arrestors, rather than buying from Midnight Solar. Seems I've been operating naked all along, maybe that explains some equipment failures I've had.

I also have Delta's "Surge Capacitor" which is supposed to slow the rise time of fast transients on AC line to the point other protection can clamp it.

...I also have Delta's "Surge Capacitor" which is supposed to slow the rise time of fast transients on AC line to the point other protection can clamp it.
Amen! I even check the leds every few months on mine to make sure it's still working. An EMP might happen, but where I live surges are a given (lightening and just plain idiotic things at the utility). They're not as big as an emp, but they add up over time.

About 20 years ago I read Ray Kurzweil's The Age of Spiritual Machines and was fascinated by it. I thought it was the answer to immortality. All I had to do was live long enough to see the singularity and I could download my consciousness into a machine and I could live an eternal productive and happy life without fear of pain or death.
Today I realize how naïve I was. It is clear today what that singularity will bring with it.
Total loss of of individuality, privacy, and freedom. Everyone will essentially be a Borg drone - a conciseness with no shred of humanity remaining.
When you are young and naïve you don't stop to consider the value of such things. Without freedom, individuality, and the right/freedom to explore and express viewpoints that are different from the collective mob you have nothing. Such an existence would be a "living" hell. Quite honestly I hope I die before that possibility presents itself. I feel absolutely certain that anyone who chooses to exist in such a state will be totally exploited by a higher master intelligence which will be totally devoid of any moral values or empathy for their slaves.
The loss of basic freedoms of speech and freedom of expression was something I would have never imagined could have happened in the US just a few years ago, and yet here we are seeing it play out in real time in the past few weeks - and the super AI doesn't even exist yet.
We are rushing toward the edge of a cliff of a dystopian nightmare - a global technocracy that will make the soul and body crushing horrors of communism look mild in comparison.
I think that Elon Musk is one of the few who saw this coming. I believe that is why he believes that getting off the earth and becoming multi-planetary is so important. It's not a natural disaster that we have to fear for the destruction of humanity. It's the singularity... which will be almost impossible to escape here on Earth.

Back