diy solar

diy solar

Singularity Prepping?

A good example of sheer numbers of folks impacted, are the several million truck drivers (in the US). Complete autonomous vehicle capability will be here very soon. E.g. there is a huge number of daily routine deliveries from ports to distribution centers, which I assume autonomous trucks can quickly take over. What jobs will be available for all those drivers?

Kursweil predicts singularity by 2045, a time when your average single desktop computer will have more computing power than all the sentient organics on the planet combined.

I was thinking I wouldn't live that long to worry about it... but in the 2030's he predicts it would become possible to upload consciousness. So, who knows... I could be in a Cyberdyne T-800 model style body by then! Not sure how I'm going afford that? Perhaps a job on one of the mars colonies dome construction projects? At least it's only a 14 minute commute.

Remember earlier I said there could be a bit of money in figuring out how to occupy people who've lost their jobs? Kursweil predicts in the 2030s there will be virtual worlds that people are more involved in than the real world.

Probably one of the more star-trekian predictions Kursweil has is "foglets"... nanomachine clouds that can literally create anything, even food, out of little more than thin air.

Programming has been rumored to become extinct for many years. I'm still employed and doing well.

With regard to prepping for the ________, whatever that is, I wrote a book last year that uses the zombie apocalypse to explore how the survivors survive. With no electricity, the cities are a no-go zone. Without electricity, running water and functioning sewers the cities have no hope.

I can catch fish well, as long as it's Trout. Other species, I'm not so good at due to a lack of the correct tackle, experience and watercraft. Hunting I can do too, but I'll be a lot more successful without the game warden around. It's all the other stuff that humans need to eat that complicates the story. Man cannot live on meat alone, despite what the popular diet fads say. When 96% of the population fails to survive the zombie apocalypse, there's a lot of food out there that will keep you going for the short term.
There’s also lot a stuff to keep you going for the long term, if you able to learn what where and when. Keep learning.

Just think of a world with 30% less people in a year and another 30% less the next. Forget bleach wipes and face masks, they no longer exist, just a distant memory. Shelter and water on ground which is owned and protected is where you’ll find me.

Fishing is good but takes patience. When your hungry, I mean really, really #%!!’#<, hungry patience comes at a real cost. I bet you’ll start snacking on the bait. Trust me, it really good?

Hmmmm. Bet your starting to speculate about me now.... How fun,lol. Aw not this group, surly not this group. @ghostwriter66 (oil field, just trying to stir you up?).

Hint given, I work for a very large IT company, but spend as much time in the wilderness, learning, hunting, building, growing, teaching my children, and living life, as possible. When in “town” I work.
Perhaps going I debt and hoping society will pay your way will hopefully land you in one of the 30%’s in year 1-2, so the rest of the surviving democracy doesn’t have to pay off your outstanding debt, then support your we’ll educated person. Cut Us A FU!?ing Break! “I wrote a book last year” zombies? Really?

There’s also lot a stuff to keep you going for the long term, if you able to learn what where and when. Keep learning.

Just think of a world with 30% less people in a year and another 30% less the next. Forget bleach wipes and face masks, they no longer exist, just a distant memory. Shelter and water on ground which is owned and protected is where you’ll find me.

Fishing is good but takes patience. When your hungry, I mean really, really #%!!’#<, hungry patience comes at a real cost. I bet you’ll start snacking on the bait. Trust me, it really good?

Hmmmm. Bet your starting to speculate about me now.... How fun,lol. Aw not this group, surly not this group. @ghostwriter66 (oil field, just trying to stir you up?).

Hint given, I work for a very large IT company, but spend as much time in the wilderness, learning, hunting, building, growing, teaching my children, and living life, as possible. When in “town” I work.
Perhaps going I debt and hoping society will pay your way will hopefully land you in one of the 30%’s in year 1-2, so the rest of the surviving democracy doesn’t have to pay off your outstanding debt, then support your we’ll educated person. Cut Us A FU!?ing Break! “I wrote a book last year” zombies? Really?

If there is a significant (human) population drop, fishing will be easy. With lower pressure on the fish, there will be more fish and of those fish they'll get bigger. Solar plays a role in my book. Once all the power plants shut down, renewable energy is about all there is. Generators will function only as long as the supply of gas and diesel hold out. Those fuels won't last forever either, especially that nasty fuel with Ethanol in it.

Mushrooms grown on cow patties out in the pasture? That wasn't for hunger.

Do any really think the machines of whatever type will be self repair any time before earth is unlivable for human kind?

We normally take what we have in industry and apply that to war. We took the combustion engine and made tanks, I think the next move in war will be AI drones into war. They will not be like the movies, they will wait for the perfect time then act. I believe that move will be just like the first machine guns in war, people learn the hard way what a machine gun can do, people will learn the hard way what an AI machines can do combined with a super computer.

Last edited:
When I see 'singularity', I think of dwarf stars and black holes....Not sure there is much you can prep for that.
Elon might be the ultimate prepper... at least their web site makes me think so...
1595777441629.png

Believe hands on engineers and mechanics will always be needed. If only to pull the plug.

I'm pretty sure the machines will enslave us rather than kill us off. Always look on the bright side!

...I'm pretty sure the machines will enslave us rather than kill us off
We'll have to agree to disagree, IMHO humans are too high maintenance. ;-)

...Until something [sol-ark] is tested, you can't be sure it complies with requirements.
Good thing they were tested by an independant 3rd party then... You can Download the Testing report here. Sounds like, from a post above, some are expecting another round of testing soon courtesy of the DPRK.

Last edited:
Back