diy solar

diy solar

Sinopoly 500ah Cells

So I just completed a conversation with Shunbin where they agreed to replace the two cells that blew out. However he completely ignored my argument that the BMS module was inadequate going so far as to show me a photo of an ammeter hooked to a different battery (12v 200ah) with a 300a readout which just irritated me even more. I wish I could say that getting the cells replaced made me feel better but I cannot. But I can at least get back on track with my project. A learning experience for sure.
You're lucky to be getting replacement cells but now you will have to test them, rebalance the pack and then you should be "serviceable". NOw just get good replacement parts, BMS etc and make it right for yourself. o matter what I do and how much I have done to my ShunBin pack, I will never "feel good" about buying it., 24v/400A sold for 3 Grand USD. + with the repair stuff (bus bars, 1/0 Gauge internal cable & Chargery BMS8T BMS system.

You're lucky to be getting replacement cells but now you will have to test them, rebalance the pack and then you should be "serviceable". NOw just get good replacement parts, BMS etc and make it right for yourself. o matter what I do and how much I have done to my ShunBin pack, I will never "feel good" about buying it., 24v/400A sold for 3 Grand USD. + with the repair stuff (bus bars, 1/0 Gauge internal cable & Chargery BMS8T BMS system.
Yes, that's true. I felt that just getting the free cells was hard enough. He knows what cells I need and the purchase was made in November so I'm hoping to see identical cells. Bottom balancing will be done across all 4 batteries (32 cells) to ensure a good starting point. Wish me luck!

So here's a weird one. I was just informed by CALB USA that they stopped manufacturing the CA400 cells 3 years ago yet they still show the CA400 on their website. WTF.

Back