diy solar

diy solar

sites like Santansolar.com?

SajgZi

Hi all, I found santansolar.com a while back but it seems like their deals are a bit thin at the moment. What are some other bulk (re)sellers of used panels? I tried gogreenmansolar.com but couldn't even get them to give me a freight quote. I'm looking for 12ish 250W 60 cell panels.

Check eBay. You can sort by distance if you want to pick them up. That's how I discovered SanTan.
Also Craigslist.
Call SanTan; they may have something that fits your needs but too few to bother posting on website.

Due to recent world situation, many people suddenly became interested in alternative energy, drying up a lot of supply.

Installers doing large projects buy extras, then dump what's left over to liquidators like SanTan. You could try to find local ones, see if you can buy a random lot from them.

But if you can wait until things blow over, market might settle down again.
I'd expect 3kW of panels to cost anywhere between $400 and $3000, depending on used/new and trashed bad brands vs. quality brands.

Check eBay. You can sort by distance if you want to pick them up. That's how I discovered SanTan.
Also Craigslist.
Call SanTan; they may have something that fits your needs but too few to bother posting on website.

Due to recent world situation, many people suddenly became interested in alternative energy, drying up a lot of supply.

Installers doing large projects buy extras, then dump what's left over to liquidators like SanTan. You could try to find local ones, see if you can buy a random lot from them.

But if you can wait until things blow over, market might settle down again.
I'd expect 3kW of panels to cost anywhere between $400 and $3000, depending on used/new and trashed bad brands vs. quality brands.

Thanks for your reply - I have definitely been checking eBay but the prices seem to be all over the place. Craigslist is also filled with spam these days and other things that aren't solar panels for my solar panel search. There are gems every so often for sure. I'll try calling Santan. I'm hoping to pay no more than $1100 for 3kw shipped.

we do have used panels too at signaturesolar.com
we will only sell units from working environments with the original manufacturer UL label though. I think we are competitive at $47/panel for Canadian 235w
where on the website would you find them? Or is this a call and ask? Right now, shipping seems to be the deal killer for places I have found.

I haven't been watching panels, have them coming out of my ears.
On SanTan's site, I see a couple brands around $0.50/W new, and used blemished panels down to $0.20/W.

Glad I got most of my stuff late 2019 or early 2020. Just in time for my unemployment, and a covid project. Before items and shipping went through the roof.

I found SanTan through eBay. Other liquidators post there too. Also Craigslist, but have to be more careful regarding scams and robbery.

In shopping panels, pay attention to "PID" susceptibility, which can affect panels connected to a transformerless inverter (some biased positive, some negative, so no way to avoid undesired potential. Want panels which are resistant.) I've switched to all transformer type, grounded whichever way panels prefer. Except for the TriPower I'm playing with.

Back