diy solar

diy solar

Sizing Inverter to battery

Hmm interesting and I have a
I sent an email to SOK this morning asking to change my order from 1, 206ah battery to 2, 100ah batteries. Received a reply back 3 minutes later and after paying the cost difference received notice they would ship today.

Edit.
It is going to be a couple of months before I have the van ready for battery installation, I did order a Victron IP22 30-amp charger will need to build some cables. I believe the batteries need balanced and charged before use, where would be the best place to learn about this and overall safety when installing and working around the electrical system?
My Renogy batteries are suppose to be self balancing. I just found on eBay 6 4/0 welding cable 14 inches long with crimped terminals. They are used but look like new and factory crimped, $65 shipped to my door.

I sent an email to SOK this morning asking to change my order from 1, 206ah battery to 2, 100ah batteries. Received a reply back 3 minutes later and after paying the cost difference received notice they would ship today.

Edit.
It is going to be a couple of months before I have the van ready for battery installation, I did order a Victron IP22 30-amp charger will need to build some cables. I believe the batteries need balanced and charged before use, where would be the best place to learn about this and overall safety when installing and working around the electrical system?
Since you are going to be connecting them in parallel, you simply need to charge each battery individually using your IP22 charger according to the LiFePO4 profile. Once each battery is fully charged, simply connect them using the appropriately sized cable and they will self balance. Nothing fancy needs to be done with a parallel connection. If you haven't done so already, you may want to look into getting a shunt so you can keep an eye on your Ah usage, unless you purchased the SOK batteries with built in bluetooth. I feel you will be happy with this setup a lot better than a single 206Ah battery. You will now have the ability to discharge up to 200 Amps and this will provide you with the ability to have a bigger Inverter when the need arises. Congratulations!

Hmm interesting and I have a

My Renogy batteries are suppose to be self balancing. I just found on eBay 6 4/0 welding cable 14 inches long with crimped terminals. They are used but look like new and factory crimped, $65 shipped to my door.
Thanks for the tip on the cables, but I think when the time comes to build the electrical system I will be making my own.

I received my two 100ah batteries yesterday. A quick check of voltage measures 13.05v on each battery. Prior to charging the batteries is there anything else I should be doing? What about after separately charging the batteries, any additional checks?

After charging they will more than likely set on the shelf for a few months before putting them into use.

Do not charge them if you plan on leaving them on a shelf for a few months. You can rest assured that they are fine the way they are. If you really insist on charging them just to see them hit a higher voltage, then make sure you drain them back to about the same voltage that they are at right now. You will do more harm by keeping them at a high voltage for extended periods.

Back