diy solar

diy solar

SMA inverter not accepting time sync

deddy

Hi guys, a little help would be super appreciated..

I have a SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL-20 inverter.
Recently, I've noticed that in 99% of the cases, the inverter is not accepting the time synchronization. Automatic or manual, from its WebBox, Windows SUNNY EXPLORER, and even using SBFspot software.
The sync says it has successfully changed the time in the inverter, but when checked again - it's the same as before.
The inverter loses its time sync (about 1 hour gap) suddenly, sometime in the middle of the day.
Why is that? and does the inverter has a limit of how many times its time is syned?

Thanks

These inverters terminate their connection to the communication product when they are no longer in feed-in operation. For this reason, you need to connect the inverter to a communication product at least once a day in order to have the correct system time.

These inverters terminate their connection to the communication product when they are no longer in feed-in operation. For this reason, you need to connect the inverter to a communication product at least once a day in order to have the correct system time.
Thanks for your reply! I'm connecting it regularly, the issue is that even when I set the time (as noted above) the time is not really set. it just stays off.

Back