diy solar

diy solar

SMA SunnyIsland + Enphase microinverters + A/C compressor load = enough electrical noise to interfere with microinverters?

Today I ran the new heatpump most of the day in A/C mode, and checked it for a minute in heating mode. All good so far. It's a cold climate inverter 2-3ton MrCool Universal (Gree Flexx / Midea Evox rebadge). It pulled up to 3400watts (maybe more if I run the airhandler blower faster) and as low as 1500w on the slowest blower speed I currently have.

As far as I can tell it was non-eventful. I have no idea what the power factor of everything looks like, if the inverter heatpump is nice or not. I know the SCR chopper control is pretty bad, I'm using for a water heater dump load resistance element, I can hear it humming. Without the big old PSC motor A/C, there's nothing to oscillate I guess.

Zero issues so far with frequency control between the SIs, microinverters, the heatpump and everything running in the house (without the previous old PSC A/C unit). Happened to also have an RV visiting plugged into the system running their old fashioned PSC motor A/C also. It was sunny but full clouds off and on, so at some times everything was on, some times a bunch coming out the batteries until dump loads turned back off.

Back