diy solar

diy solar

Small guage automatic wire stripper

wmills_92105

Wow. I just used the automatic style stripping tool on 16 and 20 guage today and it blew me away. Not the same one as Will links to from mobile-solar.com but basically the same.

It's magical. I've used cheap ones for years as a hobbyist and after the first wire I just stared at it for 30 seconds....

Totally worth the money!

I have a Klein wire stripper that is a good 20 years old. Below is the closest picture I could find. They are very good. The only quirk is that I have to remember to open the jaws all the way after stripping so that it doesn't close back against the wire before releasing the wire. They are low effort wire strippers, with great results.

5093956-24.jpg

I have a Klein wire stripper that is a good 20 years old. Below is the closest picture I could find. They are very good. The only quirk is that I have to remember to open the jaws all the way after stripping so that it doesn't close back against the wire before releasing the wire. They are low effort wire strippers, with great results.

5093956-24.jpg
Yeah I think mine are a knock off of these. Freaking amazing.

I had an expencive set from work. They were very good until my first few sons used them for pliers.

I have a Jokari Super 4 Plus

Cheap, I payed 12 euro (14 USD) on Amazon.de

Made of plastic, not so sure how long it survives, but for the price I really like it.

I have multiple other Jokari cable strippers as well, they are (at least in NL) commonly used for stripping fiber cables and so on, I use the Fibre Strip DC frequently if I need to splice some fiber cables (we primary use DBC fiber cables for FttH applications)

Last edited:
Back