diy solar

diy solar

Small set up ?

stopper93

I am looking to build a system that will provide solar power and batter to my refrigerator and freezer using grid as backup. It's about 2.2 kwh per fridge and freezer per day on a 1 week avg from my kwh plug on meter. With a max read of 600w.

I want to disconnect the two circuits that feed these two appliances and run them through a solar system, that when voltage drops automatically uses grid to power the two 15w house circuits.
Two fold start shifting slowly and affordably to solar with out grid back feed to battery and daily use plus generator for hurricanes.

I am thinking a 3000 inverter that is designed to do battery primary charge with solar and only use grid to power load if voltage drops.
Like the blue Sungold think.

Last edited:
Ok, sounds like a good plan. A few questions for ya:

You know your power requirements so (y) (y) on that one.

What's your budget?

Do you prefer component or AIO?

My personal preference would be a 3kw EG4 and one of their 48v rackmount batteries. That buys you plenty of overhead for everything starting up at once, 2ish days of power backup, the grid supply if needed, good communication with the battery, a really good amount of solar panel capacity and expandibility for the future. Probably the simplest and most cost effective way to get all the functions you're after.

If you find you need more battery power, throwing in another battery is dead simple.

Last edited:
Back