diy solar

diy solar

Small solar panel system

Antlo11

Hello, I am trying to build a small solar system for my hunting treestand. It will only be to power a cell service booster and maybe a light and phone charger. It will be in the middle of the woods. Main reason is to boost my cell service so I can go on my phone when I am hunting. Can anyone help me set up a system thank you

What voltage is needed by your cell service booster? Are the type of lights a concern? Lights for a tree stand seems odd to me.

how can I charge the50000mAh Portable Generator W/ Power Inverter 12V-115V USB AC Port Power Bank with a solar panel? What would I need to buy to attach it to the portable charger

Reference: "You can buy something off the shelf, just add solar panels to the input."

If you look at the specifications you will see, DC Input: DC12V-24V 40W. The solar panel that I referenced in my first post (Solar panel for 12v charger) has an output voltage of 18v, which is in the range of 12-24 and should work well. This panel says it is a 9 watt panel. You could buy a larger panel (more watts) if you want to charge faster. But the specifications say 40 watts, so there would be no reason to go large on the panel, over 40 watts. You can expect to put connectors on the panel that will match the battery bank.

Solar panels like full sunlight to work well. A tree stand will not be the best place for a solar panel if the shade from the tree is on the panel. Your charging power will be about 5% of rated power if it is in the shade.

I also think companies like Wholesolarsolar build little kits like this for people for these small applications. You have to get in touch with a salesman. It isn't the least expensive way to go though.

Back