diy solar

diy solar

Smart Battery Sense and BMS

houdayec

Hi,

I have a 4S Battery Pack with a daly bms. I would like to know if I can add a smart battery sense directly on my cells and not using BMS negative terminal. I want to always have my Victron setup knowledge of the current temperature, even if the BMS shuts off for some reason (high/low temp).

Will the smart battery sense unbalance my cells? It draws about 1.6 mA

It is the only thing connected to my cela directly.

Thanks

Short answer no Imbalance Between cells.

I have a Victron shunt with a temp sensor and that is hooked to the negative side of the battery and the opposite positive side, so it won’t unbalance it.

I do have, but don’t hook up the Victronsmart sense. If I did, I would hook it up not across one cell, but the entire battery pack, jst like I mentioned for the Victron shunt. The leads look long enough for that.

You think this would be answered in the Victron documentation, but of course it isn’t.

Short answer no Imbalance Between cells.

I have a Victron shunt with a temp sensor and that is hooked to the negative side of the battery and the opposite positive side, so it won’t unbalance it.

I do have, but don’t hook up the Victronsmart sense. If I did, I would hook it up not across one cell, but the entire battery pack, jst like I mentioned for the Victron shunt. The leads look long enough for that.

You think this would be answered in the Victron documentation, but of course it isn’t.
Thanks a lot for you answer! Indeed I do have hooked it up to the entire battery pack, not just one cell.

Back