diy solar

diy solar

smart daly 250a balancing concerns...shenzhen luyuan matched cells

sprinter99

Hi,

We have a 16s 280ah eve cells battery bank for a electric sailboat. I bought them from shenzhen luyuan (amy) and they were balanced and everthing looked great but now after about a month of usage, I notice my daly smart bms shows the cells (always cell number 2 that is the highest voltage) not balance when charging. is this normal ? when we start draining the battery again the cells ususally come within 0.08v avg of each other but when close to 100% and charging with solar my bms shuts off as high voltage warning from cell 2 that is around 3.75v and the other around 3.45.

is it cause for concern? or should I stop watching my bms data that close ?

Have you turned on balancing in the settings? Also Daly BMS will only balance when charging batteries. You should also change cell cut off voltage to 3.65v. I ended up putting a 5amp active balancer on my battery bank and now it stays really well balanced. You might want to do that with yours too. Also check all your sense leads to make sure they are all making good connections.

When you charge to 100%, what voltage is that? Meaning, what charge voltage is your charging device trying to achieve?

Half the voltage issues seen with cells here on the forum are related to bad connections. Verify the connection for that cell. Are the connecting surfaces clean and tight?

Back