diy solar

diy solar

So Im wiring an inverter.....

pctree

So the feed from the inverter has 2 hots and a nuetral (240) in my load panel do I simply hook the neutral to the ground bar and then ground it also ??

Thanks in advance and yes Im a total newbie

So the feed from the inverter has 2 hots and a nuetral (240) in my load panel do I simply hook the neutral to the ground bar and then ground it also ??

Thanks in advance and yes Im a total newbie
What inverter and did it come with instructions?
Is this a standalone (off grid) application or are you interfacing it with the grid?
Probably more questions after this but this will at least be a start.

It is a LF-PV Series 4000W split phase inverter. The manual has one circuit diagram that doesnt show the neutral being grounded but shows 2 120 outlets with one hot of each being fed by one hot and the other by neutral and the ground is grounded. However it doesnt show how to wire a 240 circuit?

The diagram shows a seperate bar for nuetral and ground, Im using a regular sub panel, am I supposed to be using something else?

It is a LF-PV Series 4000W split phase inverter. The manual has one circuit diagram that doesnt show the neutral being grounded but shows 2 120 outlets with one hot of each being fed by one hot and the other by neutral and the ground is grounded. However it doesnt show how to wire a 240 circuit?

The diagram shows a seperate bar for nuetral and ground, Im using a regular sub panel, am I supposed to be using something else?
Is this a completely off grid application or is your "regular sub panel" attached to the grid?

Assuming this is completely off grid, the instructions say:

AC Wiring Method:​

240V split phase:
Input: Hot line+Hot line+Ground
Output: Hot line+Hot line+Neutral

If you are completely off grid, you will not use the hot inputs.

For the Outputs:
One Hot Line to one leg of your panel
The other Hot Line to the other leg on your panel
Ground = Dirt Grounding Rod
Neutral = Neutral Bar in your Panel

The Ground on your panel should go to the same grounding rod.

If you do have grid power, make sure it is only connected to the Inverter inputs and NOT also to the panel!

This is what I have done on mine and have had no problems. Someone else might have a different answer.

Last edited:
This is a solar system with a 12v battery bank however the inverter is conected to the grid and switches to grid usage when the lead acid bank drops to 10.5V so the inverter has a grid 240 feed as well as the 12V battery

Back