diy solar

diy solar

So many questions

Dunndeal

SparksMayFly
I have 16 lifepo4 90ah cells. I want to end up with a 24 volt system. I have 2 epevers 40ah mppt solar charger controllers. Also have 4 305 watts solar panels. 3000 watt pure sine INV.

lifepo4 cells. Choices are 8 cells wired for 12 volts or 16 cells wired for 24 volts. 1 Epevers 40a or two. 2 batteries banks or one?

Suggest 8s2p which is 2 discrete batteries complete with there own bms.
Connect the batteries in parallel with the solar charge controller and the inverter.

Looks like you will end up with a decent pack with about 4536Wh of storage, and a 180A max draw. Your 3000W inverter should run fine on this, and be able to output full load for about 1.5hours no sun, and the panels should be capable of around 7KWh input... extending runtime to around 4 hours during the sun charging.
Max amps from the panels will be around 49A to the batteries, so a single will clip some solar at max gain. Two would handle it easy, and have room to grow in the future.

Two batteries. 8s2p, each with its own BMS. Note that an 8s battery is 24v, not 12v as you indicated in the second sentence of your post.

PV: (2s feeding into a solar charge controller) x 2

Looks like you will end up with a decent pack with about 4536Wh of storage, and a 180A max draw. Your 3000W inverter should run fine on this, and be able to output full load for about 1.5hours no sun, and the panels should be capable of around 7KWh input... extending runtime to around 4 hours during the sun charging.
Max amps from the panels will be around 49A to the batteries, so a single will clip some solar at max gain. Two would handle it easy, and have room to grow in the future.
Thanks so much. Sorry for the delay I was wondering what in the heck my system was capable of. I purchased products without having a goal in mind. Newbie stuff. In your second paragraph you refer to a single??? Will clip some solar at Max gain.

Thanks so much. Sorry for the delay I was wondering what in the heck my system was capable of. I purchased products without having a goal in mind. Newbie stuff. In your second paragraph you refer to a single??? Will clip some solar at Max gain.
Sorry, single charge controller... epever

Back