diy solar

diy solar

So what's the general verdict on the anti-sulfating Battery Life Saver modules?

Rednecktek

Solar Wizard
So I haven't used one before, and sometimes they sound a bit snake-oily, but on the other hand the military uses them all over the place. Has anyone here used one? Did you notice a difference? Is there a major difference between the liquid additive versions and the electronic versions? Is it worth the extra cash for an off-grid system using FLA's that is unattended for 6+ months on end?

Any info? Thoughts? Horror stories?

if you speak about "battery buzzers" , "battery refresher" or "battery pulser" and the devices advertised along those lines,
the internet is about 50:50 on those.
some claim running them all the time can damage the batteries more then it helps, but could be also quality of batteries used ....

i use one occationally, usually when i do maintenance cycle..
say once or twice a month for a day. my lead acids are running sicne 8 years 24/7.

video of my setup with timestamp for the "battery pulser"..

So I haven't used one before, and sometimes they sound a bit snake-oily, but on the other hand the military uses them all over the place. Has anyone here used one? Did you notice a difference? Is there a major difference between the liquid additive versions and the electronic versions? Is it worth the extra cash for an off-grid system using FLA's that is unattended for 6+ months on end?

Any info? Thoughts? Horror stories?
Pretty sure any good quality lead charger will run a desulfation mode on a schedule.

The victron programmable one I have has options for it regarding voltage, duration, and how often it will run it.

Pretty sure any good quality lead charger will run a desulfation mode on a schedule.
The system will be unattended for 6+ months at a time with just a 200w topping circuit and whatever draw the MPPT controller draws. Looking to extend the life of my FLA's as long as possible.

Specifically the BLS Modules and their More affordable versions. They're designed to just be hard wired to the batteries permanently.

Last edited:
Back