diy solar

diy solar

So, what's the opinion?

Wellfooled

So, I was all set to order eight (8) 280Ah LFP cells from Amy in China and from another thread here I see Will's belief that Fortune cells are the way to go. And 8 of them would give me something on the order of 800Ah, if set up properly, and cost about $1K instead of $1.2K. And I wouldn't have to wait 2 months. What's not to love? And I'm asking sincerely. What am I missing here, if anything?

I can’t give a opinion on vendors but 8 280 ah cells in series is 280ah 24 volts.
4 280 ah cell in series is 280 ah 12 volts or 8 280 ah 4 cells series then parallel is 560 ah 12 volts. Or 8 cell, 2 parallel them 4 series is 560ah 12 volts. Any way you slice it approximately 6.7kw of usable energy.

So, I was all set to order eight (8) 280Ah LFP cells from Amy in China and from another thread here I see Will's belief that Fortune cells are the way to go. And 8 of them would give me something on the order of 800Ah, if set up properly, and cost about $1K instead of $1.2K. And I wouldn't have to wait 2 months. What's not to love? And I'm asking sincerely. What am I missing here, if anything?
If your buying direct from China you probably want to get 9 cells since there is no easy way to get a replacement cell if one arrives out of Spec or is damaged. Secondly 8 weeks is a long wait with almost zero savings when you add in the spare cell. I would look for a distributor in the USA, even if it costs a bit more you can get problems resolved a lot faster and you don't need to buy a spare.

It looks good. In this forum, Amy seems to be deeply rooted, and few people get into trouble because of it, you can basically rest assured. Nonetheless, I still recommend that you make some judgments (such as checking the performance after receiving the goods and confirming the battery specifications provided by the battery supplier), which will go a long way in getting the best LiFePO4 battery, even if they are inconspicuous.

Have you looked at Docanpower as a source for your cells?
Yes, but the same restrictions apply as with Amy's cells. 2 month wait and the Fortune cells are less expensive, unless they're just not a good purchase. And that's really what I'm asking. Will apparently really likes the Fortune cells, but wondered about other folk's experience with them. I know I can purchase from Amy and get a reliable product 2 months from now. But can I purchase from Fortune and get the same reliability and value from a US company?

Yes, but the same restrictions apply as with Amy's cells. 2 month wait and the Fortune cells are less expensive, unless they're just not a good purchase. And that's really what I'm asking. Will apparently really likes the Fortune cells, but wondered about other folk's experience with them. I know I can purchase from Amy and get a reliable product 2 months from now. But can I purchase from Fortune and get the same reliability and value from a US company?
Who does Amy work for? I had half a dozen Bashen cells fo bad and I'm looking for a reliable vendor for 40 grade A cells.

Back