diy solar

diy solar

SoCal Mountain Off-Grid Cabin

yondervittles

I am building out an off-grid solar power system for my cabin in the mountains of Kern County near Los Angeles, California. I would like to use lithium iron phosphate batteries with a 24v system. My previous system in my RV consisted of 4 100AH lead acid batteries (now spent) with a 40 amp Renogy Rover charge controller and 2 100W Renogy panels and a 255W panel. Is it worth the extra AH to do a diy life po4 battery bank or should I just go with known brand like Battleborn? Should I do an all in one charge controller/inverter? I appreciate any guidance on the matter.

You should do a DIY you can get a few times morea Capacityfor the same price as BB. The only downside is waiting on the slow boat from China. Typically cell take 60 to 90 days to get here. I got my cells from Michael Caro. You can message him direct to get a quote. All in one seem like a simple solution and they seem to be pretty decent and affordable.

I appreciate the feedback. I ordered 16 of these life po4 cells from Eel Battery in April. Was getting impatient after multiple shipping delays, and considering changing course. Sounds like I should be patient.

Attachments

• 20210605_092211.jpg
    20210605_092211.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 4
So many questions to sort out as I wait:

24 or 48v?
Growatt or Renogy charge controller/ inverter?

Back