diy solar

diy solar

SOFAR HYD - Can you diy battery?

Our Seplos worked out of the box with the Sofar hybrid set to "General Lithium", it doesn't have a "Seplos" option.

It's also possible to set the BMS to "Sofar" in the PC software, it didn't make any visible difference but ...

You could try Pylontech on the inverter, the Seplos defaults to Pylon IIRC.

Does it work with no comms and the inverter set to "Default"?

Hi I've checked the voltage and the batteries voltage is under the limit set up in the Inverter
ok for pylontech but what about the capacity settings ? I have only US2000 and US3000 in my inverter

Our Seplos worked out of the box with the Sofar hybrid set to "General Lithium", it doesn't have a "Seplos" option.

It's also possible to set the BMS to "Sofar" in the PC software, it didn't make any visible difference but ...

Hello , Also in DEFAULT mode (without comms) it doesn't work always this alarm

Hi , crossy , as you can see , I can charge my batteries but only in EPS statut . I switch on battery, the inverter turn in ID05 , I shut down the grid , The inverter switch on EPS statu (off grid) and I can charge my batteries , but I can't use batteries when my inverter is on grid ...weird isn't it ?

1662392846845.png

Hello , Also in DEFAULT mode (without comms) it doesn't work always this alarm

Most odd.

In "Default" mode try winding the battery protection voltages to the max the inverter will do (they're not going to hurt the pack) and see if it makes any difference.

What does the inverter display as the battery voltage??

Also have a check to ensure you don't have any unwanted grounds, not on the Sofar but I've seen some odd effects when grounds or ground-leakage has occurred and the software doesn't know what to do and throws up a random error.

Failing that I suspect you have an inverter fault :(

I've set up the batteries protection voltage to the max : 59, 3V , no difference
The inverter displays 53,6V , and I've a direct measurement on batteries wires.

For the ground , I've made measurements
from the inverter housing to the + of the batteries , I have approx. 35V
from the inverter housing to the - of the batteries , I have approx. -18V
This is normale values ?

The inverter displays 53,6V , and I've a direct measurement on batteries wires.

Hmmm, inverter says 53.6V (confirmed at the pack), OVP set at 59.3V - Inverter says Battery Over Volt - suggests to me you have a busted inverter :(
BUT
But it runs ok in EPS mode which might suggest there's some issue with the incoming supply?

A dumb question, have you verified the polarity of your incoming mains (L-N swapped?).

I would throw all this detail at Sofar support, the chap I dealt with in the past ("Forest") was very helpful, but do keep your questions short and don't ask multiple questions in a single paragraph.

some issue with the incoming supply --->yes I think
I've made the check about L-N swapped , it's ok
I've already contact the support in asia , after many mails and chek , the answer is : batteries incompatibles (that mean noting)
I've a doubt about the capability of the support ....

As not very experienced, I have 2 questions about that topic:
1) Does this Seplos BMS work also with Sofar HYD (3-phases) series inverter?
2) As the battery voltage range of these inverters is from 180V upside, there is no possibility to use only 48V battery pack? Or is somehow?

To RSEE:
1) The voltage the Seplos BMS is wokring with is not suitable for the high voltage 3-phase Sofar inverter. But if it is pissible to use more BMSs for every 48V pack and then making a high voltage battery as mentioned in the second point, then yes... See Seplos web for more info.
2) No, you have to use at least 180V battery pack. So you have to connect batteries in series to have at least this voltage.

I had the same problem, so I ended up with 1-phase HYD inverters. I use two of them in parallel. But if you want to use some 3-phase motors, 3-phase inverter is a requirement.

Last edited:
Or another possibility is to find 3 phase-inverter with low voltage battery input.
Suggestions?
Im situating in Europe.

I'm using the 1phase hyd3600es on a 3phase connection, i live in belgium where we have the P1 port on our energymeter to read out the sum of all 3 phases. I'm using this in combination with this script i found: https://bitbucket.org/hotear/sofar-me3000-control/src/master/ to communicate with the inverter through the rs485 port. So i dont need a CT clamp (that doesnt work on 3phase anyway).

One alternative (afaik, havent worked with this) is solis, they have an optional 3phase din rail module which communicates with their inverters that are 1phase and work on 48V systems.

Back