diy solar

diy solar

Software!! Get your software here!!

BrewskyAZ

As promised, I have created a very basic webpage for the Valence U27-12XP battery that includes a link to download the software.

My Basic Webpage: Valence Page
Direct Link to the software: Valence Diagnostics Toolkit Software

I had to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because the USB FTDI Adapter wasn't being recognized.

Once I had the software installed and the adapters in place, I had to manually type in the COM port my adapter was using. Because I didn't know which module the battery was configured for, I had to click on the "Locate Battery" link in the application while only connected to one of my two batteries. The software found my first battery on Module 10, and the second battery on Module 16. I was able to connect to them just fine and also change the module IDs.

Have fun!!

Disclaimer: I may have to pull the page down If I start getting complaints from the manufacturer. Use this software at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for any damage caused by downloading, extracting or installing the software on to your device.

As promised, I have created a very basic webpage for the Valence U27-12XP battery that includes a link to download the software.

My Basic Webpage: Valence Page
Direct Link to the software: Valence Diagnostics Toolkit Software

I had to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because the USB FTDI Adapter wasn't being recognized.

Once I had the software installed and the adapters in place, I had to manually type in the COM port my adapter was using. Because I didn't know which module the battery was configured for, I had to click on the "Locate Battery" link in the application while only connected to one of my two batteries. The software found my first battery on Module 10, and the second battery on Module 16. I was able to connect to them just fine and also change the module IDs.

Have fun!!

Disclaimer: I may have to pull the page down If I start getting complaints from the manufacturer. Use this software at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for any damage caused by downloading, extracting or installing the software on to your device.
I downloaded the software to windows 10 ( Jan 15 / 2021 ) and unzipped, installed driver, went to run and get " This software required .NET version 2.0 ?? really??? just curious if you had to install or if worked out of the box on your windows 10? Thanks Mark

I downloaded the software to windows 10 ( Jan 15 / 2021 ) and unzipped, installed driver, went to run and get " This software required .NET version 2.0 ?? really??? just curious if you had to install or if worked out of the box on your windows 10? Thanks Mar

Hi does anyone know where I can find an updated version of this software that communicates with Valence U-Charge RT Series U1-12RT Battery?
The Module diag 12.12 only communicates with XP batteries and it seems like RT series have a different communication protocol over rs485.
Besides it looks like Module diag 12.12 was RS232 only and not RS485

I did confirm that this python script sort of works https://diysolarforum.com/threads/valence-rt-series-diag-software.4188/
it is awesome and thank you Canyoneer, but it doesn't have real capabilities of the official version

Something tells me that Valence has updated their software for RT RJ series, although I don't know where I can find it.

Does anyone have another / updated version of Module Diag?

Last edited:
Hi does anyone know where I can find an updated version of this software that communicates with Valence U-Charge RT Series U1-12RT Battery?
The Module diag 12.12 only communicates with XP batteries and it seems like RT series have a different communication protocol over rs485.
Besides it looks like Module diag 12.12 was RS232 only and not RS485

I did confirm that this python script sort of works https://diysolarforum.com/threads/valence-rt-series-diag-software.4188/
it is awesome and thank you Canyoneer, but it doesn't have real capabilities of the official version

Something tells me that Valence has updated their software for RT RJ series, although I don't know where I can find it.

Does anyone have another / updated version of Module Diag?
did you get any software to work with your RT batteries?

Back