diy solar

diy solar

SOK 206Ah Battery finally repaired !

Tjeerdpeerd

hello everyone,

glad to report the battery works now with the new BMS. I noticed this pinched cold temperature disconnect wire I guess that was the issue. I hadn't noticed before when inspecting the battery, could have saved me a lot of headache !
Got the new BMS after a lot of back and forth with SOK and also talking on this forum so thanks for the help everyone. @Will Prowse There is a language obstacle dealing with SOK but overall they're willing to help.

Interesting to see the new BMS is a different version. gladly all screw Holes lined up haha.

Battery shows 13.2 V wich should be around a half way charge
battery charges and discharges, I was very happy to see the LED i was testing it was finally working. Woke up the BMS first with a power supply.
Victron App works and shows charging at 7A

I could be mad at SOK for delivering pinched wire batteries (I'm not the first one this happened to on the forum) but at this extremely low pricepoint and cost of human labour in China that doesn't seem fair. I guess you have to look under the cover when buying cheap stuff. the parts are high quality it is still a nice piece of hardware. thanks for the help everyone hope you have a good week.

IMG_20211127_140929.jpgIMG_20211127_141533.jpg

Cool you figured it all out...

Yeah, it does take some courage to realize that we are all human and prone to making mistakes at times, and be empathetic/compassionate when others make mistakes that negatively affect us. I'm sure the worker who did that, had every intention of making a good end-product and for whatever reason made a simple mistake that slipped through the cracks. I could've easily made the same mistake if I was working on a line, and I would hope the person it affected negatively would be forgiving to me about it.

I'm glad you decided to just forgive them and roll-on... Peace be with you bro ✌️

Thanks man wishing you peace too. I'm just happy to have a working battery haha. I talked to them and they already updated the design. Cool to see the progress. Have a good one !
sok1.pngsok3.png

Cool, it looks like they're staying on a good path of continuous improvement :geek: And nice that you have a good battery again... Maybe was a blessing of sorts, you probably learned a thing or two more about how lithium batteries work... Learning is also great too!

Not sure why this old thread popped up in my feed, but since it did, did you keep the old bms? It sounds like it just needs a new temp sensor to work.

Back