diy solar

diy solar

SOK Battery Setup Questions

Are you interested in using SOK LiFePo batteries in your system?

• Yes

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure Yet

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Ceefiveceefive

Greetings!

I ordered four 12V 206Ah SOK LiFePo batteries to use in my solar setup. I plan on using a 48V system.

1. I heard that busbars are the way to go for connecting the batteries together for 48V. Are there recommendations of busbars that will easily fit the 206Ah SOK's?

2. Once I receive the batteries, what are the first things I should do to get them ready? Balace them? If so, how? I get a little confused when watching some of the videos on how to discharge them, recharge them, what to use, etc.

3. Is it recommended to do a capacity test on them right away? If so, what equipment do I need & what is the best way?

4. Any tips on prolonging the life of these batteries? What are some no-no's that will kill or cut short these batteries?

5. Will expanding the system by adding 4 more of the same batteries 6 months down the road be easy enough? Are there things one needs to pay attention to when expanding the system?

Thank you for answering any of these newbie questions!

1. No recommendations. Quality cable interconnects suitable for the current are fine.
  2. Charge them all individually or in parallel to 14.4-14.6V
  3. Sure. Will has links to testers on his site.
  4. Charge to 14.2 x 4, don't discharge below 12V x 4.
  5. Maybe. Depends on SOK's recommendations/restrictions. It should be easy enough to treat them as two parallel 48V batteries.
Signature link #2: "Wiring" contains best practices on battery wiring schemes.

1. No recommendations. Quality cable interconnects suitable for the current are fine.
  5. Maybe. Depends on SOK's recommendations/restrictions. It should be easy enough to treat them as two parallel 48V batteries.
Thanks for the reply!

One other thing, Battleborn recommends breaking down series banks and fully charging the individual batteries in parallel once per year. That's probably a good practice if SOK doesn't recommend the same or similar.

Last edited:
Can someone provide the user battery setup parameters for an SOK SK12V100 connected to an Epever Triron 4210n SCC? I was provided some instructions in an email from Min but the Android software is giving me lots of data validation errors (X !>= Y) when trying to save those settings. The data sheet (available on the Facebook site) has some settings but not all, and I'm unclear on which parameters in the software are referred to by the data sheet. If someone has a Triron, uses Epever's software, and can provide the info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Snoobler,

I'm on an android phone and cannot find your Wiring signature link. Would you post the link directly?

Back