diy solar

diy solar

SOK charge current

Leon Musk

Hello,

As we were looking over the specs for the SOK 206Ah battery, we noticed the maximum charge current is rated at 50 amps. Why? If I connect two batteries in parallel can I charge at 80 - 100 amps?

yes .... but do some searching about how to wire them to balance the current.

I've seen conflicting information on this. I've seen people say that two batteries in parallel can be charged at twice the amps of one and I've seen people say that two batteries in series can be charged at twice the amps of one.

Since two batteries in parallel have twice the amps (and same voltage) I would think it is two batteries in parallel, and not in series, that can be charged at twice the amps.

Which is correct?

I've seen conflicting information on this. I've seen people say that two batteries in parallel can be charged at twice the amps of one and I've seen people say that two batteries in series can be charged at twice the amps of one.

Since two batteries in parallel have twice the amps (and same voltage) I would think it is two batteries in parallel, and not in series, that can be charged at twice the amps.

Which is correct?
2 batteries in parallel.

In series, all the current goes thru both batteries .... in parallel, the current is split between the 2.

2 batteries in parallel.

In series, all the current goes thru both batteries .... in parallel, the current is split between the 2.

That is what I thought. Thanks.

2 batteries in parallel.

So if you have 2s2p SOKs, you should be allowed 100amps charging, yes?

(Btw, I recently heard from SOK that 50 is allowed but 40a is recommended)

SOK’s Facebook page has one posted by someone and directly from SOK is where I got mine.

Attachments

• SOK 12V206.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Back