diy solar

diy solar

SOK SK48V100 Batteries Dead - How to restart?

@HighTechLab can advise you the best.
Thanks robbie... I think I have it sorted. My 48VDC charger should arrive on Wednesday. Once it does, I'll head down, charge up the batteries and I suspect the whole system will fire right back up. I think the problem is simply that the BMS on the batteries has gone in to protection mode and will remain so until the battery is charged above the Battery Low Voltage Protection setting.

Cheers!

It will turn on as soon as charge is applied. This can be from practically any source. The problem is, the LV6548 needs battery voltage to start charging, so you run into a catch 22.

LVD should be set at 48v in the LV6548's.

The signature solar charger linked won't work. We thought they would, but they too must see battery voltage to turn on and start charging. I recommended a customer to one and then it bit when it didn't work.

The best thing that we recommend is a bench power supply - they are cheap and always output power no matter what. We carry some and they are also available at a higher price on sites such as Amazon, but the ones on Amazon may have prime speedy shipping options. Here's the one on our site: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/np-supplies/?attribute_model=60v+/+5A

You can always try just hitting the RST button, sometimes they will have recovered enough charge to start the inverter after being off for a while.

Follow up to the original post...

All is back online at the cabin. Just as a few had mentioned, as soon as I put a 48VDC charger on the battery stack and got the batteries above their LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff), everything took off like it should.

Very happy with the charger I picked up on Amazon. It worked like a charm and seems to be pretty well made.

Now that Current Connected has most of the SOK SK48V100 battery manual out/translated, I was able to get the correct settings for the batteries and update them in the inverters. With the updated parameters, the inverters will now shut down due to "Low Voltage Cutoff" before the BMS shuts down the batteries for the same reason. In theory, I should never have dead batteries again if someone leaves something turned on while we are away and we have no solar.

Very pleased with the Sungold SP6548 Inverters. They ran flawlessly on generator, as they should, without any batteries connected. As it turns out, that is a handy feature.

Thanks to all that replied.

If anyone has any questions, I'm no expert but I'm happy to clarify what I did and how I did it.

Cheers!

Glad you got things working!

manual out/translated,
Make no mistake, we didn't have anything to base off of / translate from other than finished goods in our warehouse and a very generic spec sheet. I've done all of the writing from my own observation/testing not from something that was originally written in Chinese. It's been a monumental amount of work, but that's why our name is on the front of the batteries.

Glad you got things working!

Make no mistake, we didn't have anything to base off of / translate from other than finished goods in our warehouse and a very generic spec sheet. I've done all of the writing from my own observation/testing not from something that was originally written in Chinese. It's been a monumental amount of work, but that's why our name is on the front of the batteries.
Monumental amount of work indeed. Thank you very much for taking the time. The manual is well written and was a great help.

Back