diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Arc inverter is on the fritz-my solar woes

The connectors all came off easy-no issue ,its the wire. that I needed to pull backwards into a space that the trough would have helped.

Last edited:
Sol-Arc showed up on the 15th exactly 30 days since it got sick. The the reapair went smooth. The only part that could have been improved was the Business office-they where a little slow with the billing/shipping it out and corresponding with me. I was the squeaky wheel so I kept at it. My phone Tec was superb (Carlos) at communicating thru this process and was real asset to this company.Today I reinstall and program it. I have a few gas kilns firing as well so its going to be long day.

Solar system is up and running now. Had to redo most values in setup no big deal. Rewire went smooth.
Hoping for smooth power generating now for many years to come.

Solar system is up and running now. Had to redo most values in setup no big deal. Rewire went smooth.
Hoping for smooth power generating now for many years to come.
Did they ever tell you exactly what happened? Was it the DC or AC side?

Great to be back not thinking about the TOU with power again after 30 days of thinking when is the high power times etc. You really do not know what you have till its gone and with electricity its even more so.

If GT solar wasn't such a crap deal here in Phoenix, AND I was willing to spend the $ to offset our massive usage, AND I planned to be here longer than 7 years, I'd do the same. Hard to offset this:

1658243885339.png

At least I'm minimizing peak utilization.

Ya our peak times are 7. days a week 5pm to 8 pm.
Our batteries cut in at 5 pm (if needed). and run thru until 10 am next day. No on peak hours ever when solar system is working

Back