diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark 12k AC circuit to Generator

tsmialek

Hi All, I have an off-grid system connected to the house with a manual transfer switch and no sell back agreement with my utility comp. I do however want to be able to "help" the batteries with grid power if needed. Is it ok to use the "generator" input on the 12k for my ac connection as I was told I can not use "grid" as it can push power to the mains and risk an inspector flipping out on me. Sol-ark recommends hooking up a generator to the "grid" input so as to free up the generator/smart load breaker (in an off-grid set up). I'm just not 100% on doing the opposite.

Yea, I know. I'm just afraid my inspector won't. Thanks though.
Technically it can send power back through the gen input too so if he's worried about what it COULD do then you'd have a problem either way

DO NOT hook your grid power to your gen input. Your Sol Ark will not be happy. It sounds to me like you should wire your off grid system to a Grid tied limited to home or "meter zero" . Will not export any power to the grid only take care of loads you produce and this will allow you to grid charge your batteries a lot cheaper then running the generator.

Back