diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K and EG4LL battery communications

BenW

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with establishing Sol-Ark 12K and EG4LL battery communications? I've heard a few people have been successful, but don't know who, and was hoping maybe they are in this forum. Thanks!

I kind of doubt that since Sol-Ark does not list it on their compatibility chart, but if you do find something let me know.

Signature Solar has posted saying they are working on it, but that was a while ago and no updates since.

Thanks! It was someone at Signature Solar that told me he knew of people that were successful, but, think it could void warranty if something went wrong!

I have eg4 batteries and the sol-ark12k. They won't communicate.

Currently closed comms do not work. We are working with them to see if we can get this happening, no updates yet. As far as comms, I believe I talked to someone who used an arduino to gap the communications, but not 100% sure it was with a solark or a different company. I'll see if I can find the communications about it.

Current Connected got the SOK server rack pack to work with a Sol Ark. And they will provide documentation on how to establish the connection. Not sure if Jakiper or Trophy work with Sol Ark.

@HighTechLab

Good to know. I went ahead and ordered a set of rack batteries from Current Connected. Paid a little more but hoping this type of thing makes it worth while. And the free no-nonsense rack didn’t hurt.

Current Connected got the SOK server rack pack to work with a Sol Ark. And they will provide documentation on how to establish the connection. Not sure if Jakiper or Trophy work with Sol Ark.

@HighTechLab
No, Trophy does not communicate properly at the moment. Dan Keaton is working on it. I've posted about it already.

Currently closed comms do not work. We are working with them to see if we can get this happening, no updates yet. As far as comms, I believe I talked to someone who used an arduino to gap the communications, but not 100% sure it was with a solark or a different company. I'll see if I can find the communications about it.
Will this update be for the lifepower4 batteries as well?

Back