diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K battery settings

How can the Sol-Ark 12K be set to not charge the battery from Grid when the sun is low / out? Do I uncheck this one?
But this just means no more charge from grid totally right?
1652300875376.png

Also how can I set it to just get power from solar panels only? How to get to this setting
1652301099980.png

How can the Sol-Ark 12K be set to not charge the battery from Grid when the sun is low / out? Do I uncheck this one?
But this just means no more charge from grid totally right?
Correct it will not grid charge at all if that is unchecked.
To set it to Charge from the Grid at only certain times of the Day you have to use TOU settings like this.
Grid Charge TOU.jpg
I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with the Inverter and I am not sure what values you are actually using. I assume your using LFP batteries and the 49V is not the real value as that is 10% SOC?

If the real value at 9PM and 1AM was lets say 52V then at 9PM until 1AM it would charge the battery if it dropped below 52V up to just a bit over it like 52.4V, and then stop charging until it dropped down below 52V again. A rinse and repeat cycle if you have a fair bit of load happening at night and not a lot of batteries. There are better settings for TOU Grid charging but it depends on your loads and what your trying to do.

Last edited:
Also how can I set it to just get power from solar panels only? How to get to this setting
I use "% Batt" mode and I have also used closed loop which is also percentage based. I have never messed with V-Batt mode because my wife would not have a clue what it all means.

In Percentage Mode any TOU slot that you set the Batt row to 100% will tell the Sol-Ark not to use the battery and only use PV and Grid.
I assume that 54V in V-Batt mode will do the same thing but you might want to call Sol-Ark and verify.
In my setup I have a time of use slot at 5PM set to 100% and at that point it will only use remaining PV power and the Grid to Power the House. At 10PM I set it to 20% or around (51.2V) so it will use the battery down to 20% all the way until 8AM by which time the PV is typically powering the house and starting to charge the batteries.

Back