SOL Ark 12k install with Tess batterys

Sol Ark 12kw inverter 48v ($6500)

2,450w dc Ground mount Solar Array. ($1800 including ground mount /rails/hardware )

12v 100ah Tess Electric battery's qty 16 ($500 each total $8000)

Looking to add 8kw Ac-coupling array to double my AC output during the day vs a second inverter.

Adding 2 2kw turbines

Temporary battery box.

Waiting on Bigger CT sensors.

Running 100 amp Subpanel. Once CT Sensors come in will help cover my main panel load.

Attachments

• 217405643_536970777438502_2738401349614343638_n.jpg
    217405643_536970777438502_2738401349614343638_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 208359537_516750166249647_3706393518928313108_n.jpg
    208359537_516750166249647_3706393518928313108_n.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 220111537_855024278733662_4437911951376919160_n.jpg
    220111537_855024278733662_4437911951376919160_n.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you. House has a few big ticket items as in a Electric water heater (hybrid), Electric stove, well pump and 2 AC window units. It is working great no issues. Reason went with a 72 inch wire trough giving me the option to add a second Sol Ark inverter in middle if I ever need to parallel two units together.

kromc5

Solar Enthusiast
Thank you. House has a few big ticket items as in a Electric water heater (hybrid), Electric stove, well pump and 2 AC window units. It is working great no issues. Reason went with a 72 inch wire trough giving me the option to add a second Sol Ark inverter in middle if I ever need to parallel two units together.
I really like sol-ark but it would have greatly slowed down my purchasing, I went with two 12kw growatts. Once I got up and testing I was surprised by the load seen on the AC side vs slightly double seen on the battery side. I would really be curious to see the amps on your ac side vs the battery since its 12v batteries. I'm guessing it would be the same since its still 48v system. On my inverter if you see 42 amps ac side its slightly double on the battery.

Yes they are 12 batteries but a 48v system.

Remember if you see 42 amps on your ac side your battery's are converting 48v dc to 120vac ( Plus inverter conversion efficiency ) so you will have about 2x amperage being pulled from your battery bank.

I was looking at Growatt inverters before hand

Sol Ark biggest advantage is Battery to AC lose is only 7% , While a lot cheaper brands are about 20-30% loss range.
Ac to battery efficiency on ac coupling is 95.5%. Which is amazing if you want do a ac coupling system.

The 12kw Growatt Inverter shows a 85% efficiency rating. So when crunching numbers it was cheaper on getting a Sol ark 12k as I will need to add more solar panels, mounting hardware, wiring and space $$$ to make up the loss of efficiency which out weights the cost.

CT sensors on a Sol Ark are even a bigger game changer. Lot people don't understand what a CT sensor is or what it does. CT sensor will measure power being pull from utility side and backfeed a single double breaker on your main breaker panel which will be equal to or less then but never greater then thus getting away with not needing a net-meter agreement from your electrical company side while whole time inverter is hard wired to a subpanel. Now another perk about the Sol ark is If you get a net-meter agreement you can sell back your extra solar output . Which you can get paid by a check or a credit from your electrical company unlike other hybrid inverters on market like a Growatt inverter that can't backfeed into the grid.

On top of it CT sensors Saved $500 vs calling a electric company to unlock the pad lock on the meter and disconnect and reconnect power . Just to hardwire a inverter to main breaker panel.

kromc5

Solar Enthusiast
Yes they are 12 batteries but a 48v system.

Remember if you see 42 amps on your ac side your battery's are converting 48v dc to 120vac ( Plus inverter conversion efficiency ) so you will have about 2x amperage being pulled from your battery bank.

I was looking at Growatt inverters before hand

Sol Ark biggest advantage is Battery to AC lose is only 7% , While a lot cheaper brands are about 20-30% loss range.
Ac to battery efficiency on ac coupling is 95.5%. Which is amazing if you want do a ac coupling system.

The 12kw Growatt Inverter shows a 85% efficiency rating. So when crunching numbers it was cheaper on getting a Sol ark 12k as I will need to add more solar panels, mounting hardware, wiring and space $$$ to make up the loss of efficiency which out weights the cost.

CT sensors on a Sol Ark are even a bigger game changer. Lot people don't understand what a CT sensor is or what it does. CT sensor will measure power being pull from utility side and backfeed a single double breaker on your main breaker panel which will be equal to or less then but never greater then thus getting away with not needing a net-meter agreement from your electrical company side while whole time inverter is hard wired to a subpanel. Now another perk about the Sol ark is If you get a net-meter agreement you can sell back your extra solar output . Which you can get paid by a check or a credit from your electrical company unlike other hybrid inverters on market like a Growatt inverter that can't backfeed into the grid.

On top of it CT sensors Saved $500 vs calling a electric company to unlock the pad lock on the meter and disconnect and reconnect power . Just to hardwire a inverter to main breaker panel.
That what I was curious about if it the cost and efficiency could make up the delta in price. Please keep updating as I was curious about it, especially data with the load’s vs battery draw, pv production. My system during testing as continually expanded but we do use more than most. I have also added a hydrid hot water and a mini split which was the biggest saver at over 400kwh per month.

[b1]

400kwh a month is huge saving :) I believe hybrid water heater is a must for solar system. It eliminate need of a few more solar panels and batteries. I love how it acts as a mini ac unit on top. keeps utility room at about 64 degrees. Have you checked your electric company on rebates for hybrid water heater??? There was $500 rebate from my electric company and $300 tax rebate.

kromc5

Solar Enthusiast
400kwh a month is huge saving :) I believe hybrid water heater is a must for solar system. It eliminate need of a few more solar panels and batteries. I love how it acts as a mini ac unit on top. keeps utility room at about 64 degrees. Have you checked your electric company on rebates for hybrid water heater??? There was $500 rebate from my electric company and $300 tax rebate.
I have will look into that, the house we moved into is a split system first one I have had. I like the downstairs 64f, the upstairs needs to be 77f or higher. The system just dueled itself all day and I was not to impressed. I checked the split motor and connections, seals but just too much air in either direction would bypass up or down. I knew the mini split would help but was very happy of how much it saved.

robby

Solar Enthusiast
Nice setup. If all goes as planned my Sol-Ark 12k should be online in 2 weeks. It’s slow going as I am doing a lot of the work myself.